Custom build for copying large number of CD's onto file server (Law Office)

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Copying CD's onto network file server (business use)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I work part time at a law firm and my job essentially is to ingest evidence. All of the evidence we receive comes on CD’s, some comes in on USB hard drives. I easily ingest probably 200-300 CD's a month

Yes, we know it’s 2024

So my job is essentially to rip all the CD’s onto our shared file server so the various lawyers, forensics experts, and clients can see the data in one place. We have a server setup and it is working great

However, I need a new PC to ingest this data in a faster and more reliable manner. 

I’m looking for a build that has a minimum of 5 5.25” bays, and fits an ITX motherboard and some SSD’s. This PC will essentially only be used to rip CD’s onto our file server so I don’t need anything crazy

Does anyone know of a case, or a way to get a custom case made, that can house this while remaining as small as possible to fit onto my desk?

It needs to look and feel like it belongs in our office, so a minimal appearance is necessary. No RGB, no flashy colors, or huge cases

I was thinking of possibly trying to have a custom case made, as we may buy another if it works out well

10 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

I easily ingest probably 200-300 CD's a month

Holy shit.

10 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

and fits an ITX motherboard and some SSD’s

Why ITX? 5 5.25" bay and ITX is a weird combination.

11 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

Does anyone know of a case, or a way to get a custom case made, that can house this while remaining as small as possible to fit onto my desk?

I am not sure if there is a case that fits that description. 5 bays will be massive no matter what.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

your best bet for a bunch of 5.25" Bays:

Find an old case on Craigslist / FB Marketplace.

Newer cases don't usually have that.

Alternatively:
USB Card with 4 controllers in it, and use a stack of USB DVD Drives on top of the case.

I don't believe one can find an SFF case that can house 5 CD readers. The only cases I've found are full towers. However it is possible to get a more compact ATX case that can handle 4 CD readers.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-14500 2.6 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($234.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($28.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B760-PLUS ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ B&H) 
Storage: Solidigm P41 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($42.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Silverstone SETA D1 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.47 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSD5 DVD/CD Writer  ($34.40 @ Amazon) 
Total: $916.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-11 11:23 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.