Does BeamNG benefit from more than 8 cores?

i like xeons

I was wondering this since i have a system with dual sockets

33 minutes ago, i like xeons said:

dual sockets

Not sure about more than 8 cores (I doubt it, but not sure), but more than 2 sockets is almost certainly going to be no. Because each CPU has its own memory controller, there are different parts of the system RAM that each of the CPUs can access at a given speed, resulting in something called a NUMA node. Software needs to be specifically written to handle multiple NUMA nodes, and games are not.

Technically, on platforms with separate memory controllers (DDR2 and older), this isn't a thing, but a platforms like that are old enough that you wouldn't want to use them anyway. 

It can use more cores but almost no game understands dual cpu's and forcing the use of 2 always drops performance.

An actual upgrade would be a better gaming focused cpu (so higher single core) whilst still having enough cores.

What do you have now?

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

It can use more cores but almost no game understands dual cpu's and forcing the use of 2 always drops performance.

An actual upgrade would be a better gaming focused cpu (so higher single core) whilst still having enough cores.

What do you have now?

Xeon E5 2667 V2
That's basically one of the best if not the best CPU's supported by my pc

9 minutes ago, i like xeons said:

Xeon E5 2667 V2
That's basically one of the best if not the best CPU's supported by my pc

Yeah I mean on that platform you won't be really any noticeably better gaming cpu. Even a very budget older ryzen used system would easily be a big uplift. Thats a route you can go down as a even an old  ryzen 1600 (dont recommend it) easily beats the xeon in all regards.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Yeah I mean on that platform you won't be really any noticeably better gaming cpu. Even a very budget older ryzen used system would easily be a big uplift. Thats a route you can go down as a even an old  ryzen 1600 (dont recommend it) easily beats the xeon in all regards.

Makes sense