Helping out a friend with their build and would rather not fuck it up

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD (pc only not peripherals)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: They play a lot of indie stuff and are used to the worlds worst laptop. EG: "will it be able to run valorant AND discord?" during prep he says he's excited to play games like Stray, Detroit become human as well as both the last of us games (30fps would be more than fine for him in these story based titles)

Other details https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/K4VCn6 is the current list, he's gonna be using 2 1080p 60(up for debate)hz monitors

I need help mostly finding a decent cooler, but any suggestions at all are welcome because I can definitely get tunnel vision in certain areas.

New problem : I am 100$ under budget any suggestion on ways to get some more performance out of that 100$
I also defaulted to team blue and green since I buy what I know but if they have better price to performance team red is fine by me (I'm not using arc tho) 
also forgot to mention: HUGE RGB hater it's a no go.

1 minute ago, BellaBee said:

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD (pc only not peripherals)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: They play a lot of indie stuff and are used to the worlds worst laptop. EG: "will it be able to run valorant AND discord?" during prep he says he's excited to play games like Stray, Detroit become human as well as both the last of us games (30fps would be more than fine for him in these story based titles)

Other details https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tzssFs is the current list, he's gonna be using 2 1080p 60(up for debate)hz monitors

I need help mostly finding a decent cooler, but any suggestions at all are welcome because I can definitely get tunnel vision in certain areas.

I also defaulted to team blue and green since I buy what I know but if they have better price to performance team red is fine by me (I'm not using arc tho) 

You building this with no case?🤨But anyways, a  Deepcool GAMMAXX AG400 ARGB is an economical solution. 

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Just now, djksm said:

You building this with no case?🤨But anyways, a  Deepcool GAMMAXX AG400 ARGB is an economical solution. 

I have a spare case that I'm gifting to him

and forgot to mention but RGB is not an option because he's weird (I'll edit it into the post)

2 minutes ago, BellaBee said:

I have a spare case that I'm gifting to him

and forgot to mention but RGB is not an option because he's weird (I'll edit it into the post)

Ah, ok. Well then Deepcool makes a cheaper non -rgb version called the Deepcool AG400. Same performance, less price.

Product Image 1/1

Just now, djksm said:

Ah, ok. Well then Deepcool makes a cheaper non -rgb version called the Deepcool AG400. Same performance, less price.

Sounds great, i saw that but was a little worried about capabilities, thanks for the help and the reassurance!

1 minute ago, brob said:

Yeah, its a little quieter, but considering the friends tastes, i dont think they really care about noise

7 minutes ago, BellaBee said:

Sounds great, i saw that but was a little worried about capabilities, thanks for the help and the reassurance!

Might also want to spend a little more money for a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB.

I dont know about your friend, but in my experience 1 terabyte fills up pretty quickly, especially if you have a lot of data

You can also change to a Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card

It is only 8GB, but it is better than your 3060. It is only 10 more dollars for a next gen card.

Does he have a copy of windows already??

2 minutes ago, djksm said:

Might also want to spend a little more money for a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB.

I dont know about your friend, but in my experience 1 terabyte fills up pretty quickly, especially if you have a lot of data

Yeah I agree on the storage but with all the less than a gig pixel art indies he plays I doubt it would be put to good use, his current laptop has 256 gigs and has "never been an issue"

Just now, BellaBee said:

Yeah I agree on the storage but with all the less than a gig pixel art indies he plays I doubt it would be put to good use, his current laptop has 256 gigs and has "never been an issue"

He probably has no storage left lol. Anyways, you were under budget, so i thought that might be a good idea. Nothing like protecting yourself like the future, right?

2 minutes ago, djksm said:

He probably has no storage left lol. Anyways, you were under budget, so i thought that might be a good idea. Nothing like protecting yourself like the future, right?

Yeah and ig it is a catch 22

can only play shitty small games so only has small games
once he can run better games i could force him to play all my favorites which would fill up quick. Think I'm going to try and convince him on this one (either that or convince him to get more than 60hz)

1 minute ago, BellaBee said:

Yeah and ig it is a catch 22

can only play shitty small games so only has small games
once he can run better games i could force him to play all my favorites which would fill up quick. Think I'm going to try and convince him on this one (either that or convince him to get more than 60hz)

haha lol 60hz on a 3060 is wild, maybe spend some of your savings on a nice monitor