PC Crashing in Games

Hi, I am a relatively new pc builder and I'm having some problems. I built my pc in the new year (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3YDnXk) and it started fine. However, recently whilst playing Forza Horizon 5 it seems to crash with at first a blank screen, the control and background sounds such as spotify webplayer continue for a while although it stutters, until the entire pc restarts so my initial assumption is to do with power and/or gpu. I don't receive any error message upon logging back on nor does it seem to occur in the other more demanding game that I play (namely City Skylines II). Whilst playing, I see the generally high percentage and power draw I've come to expect since starting with this pc. 

I have updated my drivers for the GPU and they are the most recent from AMD as of now. 

As to what I have found in previous posts it suggests a power issue and I have checked the internal PCIE cables to the GPU to my PSU (Rm750e and 7800xt) and all is connected and cannot be pushed in further with the same for the rest of the internal cables. The external PSU to socket cable is also pushed in. I do use a power bar / extension lead to power my system namely this one linked here. I previously thought it had been solved but the issue as of now is seemingly intermittent so I am yet to be able to replicate it when the pc is attached to the wall directly whilst running FH5 or Furmark. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if any additional info is needed! 

36 minutes ago, TheChocoEclair said:

Hi, I am a relatively new pc builder and I'm having some problems. I built my pc in the new year (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3YDnXk) and it started fine. However, recently whilst playing Forza Horizon 5 it seems to crash with at first a blank screen, the control and background sounds such as spotify webplayer continue for a while although it stutters, until the entire pc restarts so my initial assumption is to do with power and/or gpu. I don't receive any error message upon logging back on nor does it seem to occur in the other more demanding game that I play (namely City Skylines II). Whilst playing, I see the generally high percentage and power draw I've come to expect since starting with this pc. 

I have updated my drivers for the GPU and they are the most recent from AMD as of now. 

As to what I have found in previous posts it suggests a power issue and I have checked the internal PCIE cables to the GPU to my PSU (Rm750e and 7800xt) and all is connected and cannot be pushed in further with the same for the rest of the internal cables. The external PSU to socket cable is also pushed in. I do use a power bar / extension lead to power my system namely this one linked here. I previously thought it had been solved but the issue as of now is seemingly intermittent so I am yet to be able to replicate it when the pc is attached to the wall directly whilst running FH5 or Furmark. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if any additional info is needed! 

This doesnt seem like a power or hardware issue and more of a software issue/driver issue

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

11 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

This doesnt seem like a power or hardware issue and more of a software issue/driver issue

If that's the case, is it worth trying to reinstall the game, run ddu and redo drivers or anything like that? Is there anything else you could suggest that may resolve it? 

1 minute ago, TheChocoEclair said:

If that's the case, is it worth trying to reinstall the game, run ddu and redo drivers or anything like that? Is there anything else you could suggest that may resolve it? 

Honestly all of the above, nailed it on the head, try DDU first i think, also wont hurt to run an SFC/scannow command, ill do some trouble shooting of my own if i get the chance (i also have a 7800xt, though i have an RN850e, its largely the same PSU too bar the higher wattage)

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Honestly all of the above, nailed it on the head, try DDU first i think, also wont hurt to run an SFC/scannow command, ill do some trouble shooting of my own if i get the chance (i also have a 7800xt, though i have an RN850e, its largely the same PSU too bar the higher wattage)

Excellent thanks for your help. I'll keep the post open and run that now.