Build Advice

Budget (including currency): 1500 usd is the high end of what I want to spend. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: everything from single player story games like horizon series, last of us, fps games. Flight sim. Also some video editing could be happening in the future. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Need to get a monitor at some point also to go along with this so a decent monitor recommendation would be great. Most likely looking to hit 1440p

This is what I've got so far,

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JLbTTY

7 minutes ago, Weyumm97 said:

Budget (including currency): 1500 usd is the high end of what I want to spend. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: everything from single player story games like horizon series, last of us, fps games. Flight sim. Also some video editing could be happening in the future. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Need to get a monitor at some point also to go along with this so a decent monitor recommendation would be great. Most likely looking to hit 1440p

This is what I've got so far,

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JLbTTY

I really like this build. I am guessing you are going with a Microcenter bundle for the CPU, RAM and Motherboard?

I personaly use the 7700x and I absolutely love it 🙂  I only game and its been rock solid since I bought it on release.

This will be a damn good gaming machine!

Monitor recommendation.

LG 27GP850-B.  Its a bit pricey but it is really good. I own two of them with my 3rd being the 32GQ850-B.

I went through over 10 monitors from ASUS and Samsung and they just didn't do it for me...before landing on the LG's and I absolutely love them.

Dcent gpu upgrade, at 40$ cost : p

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/77FbQP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.00) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory  ($0.00) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($709.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Montech SKY TWO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.00 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750BN PCIE5 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.00 @ MSI) 
Total: $1367.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-08 19:28 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.00) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory  ($0.00) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  ($709.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Deepcool CK560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1428.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-08 22:29 EDT-0400

Slightly pulled up from @Linuswasright, although shop your local microcenter for any refurbished deals. I would consider 7900GRE at this price too, that would perform right on or slightly above 4070Ti with 16GB of VRAM.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Between gaming and video editing, that 1tb ssd is gonna fill up pretty fast. I'd get a hard drive like this one for less played games and to store your video files on because videos can be deceptively large in file size.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can