Looking for 92mm and 120mm case fans

isaranghi

Hello,

I have a Dell G5 5000 gaming PC. Currently it only has one stock 80mm rear fan. I am trying to replace that 80mm fan with a 92mm fan.. and also looking to add a front 120mm intake fan.... I know alot of people have used Arctic and Noctua fan in the exact same model... but those are low RPM fans... I don't care about noise as my PC is in the remote (basement area) and I access it remotely. So I don't care much about loud noise... I would rather prefer to get more performant fans.

I have looked at some Delta and AVC fans on Ali Express... those are high RPM and high CFM fans.... I need advice and suggestions if they would perform better than low RPM Arctic or Noctua fans? Any other recommended 92mm and 120mm fans?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, isaranghi said:

Hello,

I have a Dell G5 5000 gaming PC. Currently it only has one stock 80mm rear fan. I am trying to replace that 80mm fan with a 92mm fan.. and also looking to add a front 120mm intake fan.... I know alot of people have used Arctic and Noctua fan in the exact same model... but those are low RPM fans... I don't care about noise as my PC is in the remote (basement area) and I access it remotely. So I don't care much about loud noise... I would rather prefer to get more performant fans.

I have looked at some Delta and AVC fans on Ali Express... those are high RPM and high CFM fans.... I need advice and suggestions if they would perform better than low RPM Arctic or Noctua fans? Any other recommended 92mm and 120mm fans?

Thanks

Arctic P12 Max, Noctua IPPC industrial, Phanteks P30 (the strongest of the bunch and regarded as one of the strongest and most performant fans currently on the market) are all good 120mm contenders

high cfm and mmH20 92mm fans im not sure about though

EDIT: Noctua NF-A9 PWM has 2000RPM and decent CFM, but im sure you could find something higher performing than that on the 92mm front

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 minute ago, isaranghi said:

Any other recommended 92mm and 120mm fans?

P28's

P12 MAX ARCTIC P12 Max 81.04 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack (ACFAN00289A) - PCPartPicker

Superflower megacool's are also a good option Super Flower MEGACOOL 151.87 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (SF-PF121-BK_3P) - PCPartPicker

3 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Phanteks P30

P28's are slightly better for less 

It might be marginal but they are also quite a bit cheaper 

Though they are about 0.5 DBA louder

Lian Li UNI FAN P28 92 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (P28120-3B) - PCPartPicker

airflow-1500.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

20 minutes ago, isaranghi said:

Hello,

Thanks

If you want pure and utter performance silverstones FHS 120X and FHS 80X are VERY hard to beat, 120mm and 80mm fans, 38mm thick and, 4000rpm and 10000rpm respectively, you wont need a 92mm fan if you want the 80X, thing has over 50mmH20 and almost 85cfm

And the 120X has 143cfm and 11mmH20, literal industrial level server fans

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

17 minutes ago, isaranghi said:

Hello,

I have looked at some Delta and AVC fans on Ali Express... those are high RPM and high CFM fans.... I need advice and suggestions if they would perform better than low RPM Arctic or Noctua fans? Any other recommended 92mm and

120mm fans?

Thanks

i have a 38mm thick 1.3a 12v fan and that thing blows tons of air right through a heatsink and makes a ton of noise doing so at mid 3000 ish rpm

look at your local used market instead of aliexpress, should be plenty of these 38mm thick fans around for <3$ which is alot cheaper than any new fan and should outperform them at the cost of noise

though since its a prebuilt i think you are better off just taking your case sidepanel off and running it like that, basically becomes an open bench and needs no fans except cpu cooler and temps should also be lower

Posted (edited)

server fans are the best.

120mm

i would probly put and 80mm adaptor to 120mm out the back.

dont connect them to the mb thow connect it to the psu.

i would cut out the fan grill also and if posable remove the front.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I have BeQuiet! Silent Wings Pro 4's, both 120mm and 140mm. They do a solid job pushing air through a ran and just case. While not at the best at any measurable quality I enjoy their noise profile, far lower humm and less annoying pitch at high speeds compared to other fans (video comparison, I don't have the pleasure to buy them all and compare sound quality one by one).

In a TLDR high RPM fans are better for no blockage type of airflow, lower RPM ones would be far better for things like radiators but there's far more to it.

If PC is gonna be somewhere locked away in a different room, loud high RPM fans are an option, but if its gonna be kept in the same room as you then go something more consumer.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

52 minutes ago, isaranghi said:

Hello,

Thanks

Well, Delta has some fans that are so strong that a normal (1A) mobo header can't power them. I don't know AVC. You l Young Yi also has some great fans, like one of their Snowfans that also needs something other than a mobo header. We're talking extremely loud and very high airflow and static pressure.... think hundreds of CFM and tens of mmAq.

If you like, look at Digikeys.com. They sell a wide range of non-consumer fans. 

Performance is dictated by the situation. Ambient temperature, airflow in the case, etc. If you get those fans you'll undoubtedly see better performance, but you may need to make other changes, I suppose. 

If you want something less extreme, try the Phanteks T30, Super Flower Megacool, Iceberg IceGale Xtreme, and several others from many companies.   If you want a longer list, let me know or check out my top 25 strongest fans video on my YT.

I'm not versed on sub-120mm fans. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂