Is this Mobo good enough for my Ryzen 7 7800x3d?

Hello, I want to upgrade to AM5 and bought this motherboard; the MSI Pro A620M-E because it was not overpriced here in Chile and had the same IO and features as my current build, so I bought it, but now I keep getting recommended videos and posts about the low performance with higher end CPUs like the Ryzen 7 's because of the lack of VRM cooling, I even heard about the possibility of damaging other components, should I buy another one in the future and use this one for the time being? Could I mod it by sticking some heatsinks on the board? Should I turn it on at all when I get all the components?

Ps: I got the 7800x3d from a friend at a really good price, so it's not like I wanted to cheap out on the mobo

Thanks in advance for the help!

A620M-E-KV.png

12 minutes ago, Nytus said:

it was not overpriced

Cant you tell why? It is a bottom of the barrel motherboard. I personally wouldnt pair a piece of shit like that with a 7800X3D. Its clear that you are dumping shit ton of money on the CPU, might as well save up some for a better motherboard.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

15 minutes ago, Nytus said:

Hello, I want to upgrade to AM5 and bought this motherboard; the MSI Pro A620M-E because it was not overpriced here in Chile and had the same IO and features as my current build, so I bought it, but now I keep getting recommended videos and posts about the low performance with higher end CPUs like the Ryzen 7 's because of the lack of VRM cooling, I even heard about the possibility of damaging other components, should I buy another one in the future and use this one for the time being? Could I mod it by sticking some heatsinks on the board? Should I turn it on at all when I get all the components?

Ps: I got the 7800x3d from a friend at a really good price, so it's not like I wanted to cheap out on the mobo

I wouldn't trust it to be able to run without throttling the cpu, just like shown here:

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

25 minutes ago, Levent said:

Cant you tell why? It is a bottom of the barrel motherboard. I personally wouldnt pair a piece of shit like that with a 7800X3D. Its clear that you are dumping shit ton of money on the CPU, might as well save up some for a better motherboard.

Well I did get the 7800x3d for something around 120 dollars, my friend didn't want it because he won a Ryzen 9 somewhere and didn't want to keep the old one, since the price was really really good I had to buy it from him.

So yeah the prices for motherboard are kinda meh here in Chile so I went for the one that I could afford with the college student budget I had at the time and then try to upgrade it over time.

For now I just wanted to know if it was safe to use it until then or if modding it was enough

25 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I wouldn't trust it to be able to run without throttling the cpu, just like shown here:

Im thinking of using it until I get the money for a better one because there was a really big impact in the results, Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Nytus said:

Im thinking of using it until I get the money for a better one because there was a really big impact in the results, Thank you!

I wouldn't do this. Why not pay 99 usd and get this instead? It can actually run the higher end CPU's very well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xFmNnQ/asrock-b650m-hm2-micro-atx-am5-motherboard-b650m-hm2

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-b650m-hdvm2-review-is-the-cheapest-good-enough/3 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

21 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

For the record that board listed doesn’t match the review. 

B650M-H/M.2+ vs. B650M-HDV/M.2 

Cant speak to how they’re different at the moment B650M-HDV/M.2 is $120 US. 

9 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

completely different boards

the hdv has a much better vrm (m-h vrm is similar to the a620m hdv/m.2+) and better i/o (2 usbc + 14 usb a and 6 of em are usb 3) not to mention the integrated i/o shield, id consider that to be the baseline for am5 since its got all the features that a normal person would need and a tad more than that (i mean whos gonna use 14 usb ports?)

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

board tested in this video is an a620m-hdv/m.2 non + with some absolutely atrocious garbage vrms that puts the b650m-h and b650m pg lightning to shame on how bad the vrms have been downgraded, no shit such a pathetic excuse of a vrm would struggle so hard

theres a drastic difference between the non + a620, the b650m-h/pg lightning, and the hdv/pro rs just by looks alone

1 hour ago, Nytus said:

A620M-E-KV.png

as for this board same vrms as on the b650m-b

next tier up is the b650m-p which has a diff vrm but very similar looks so probs similar capabilties

after that theres the b650m-a which is alot better but still looks wise pretty similar aside from a couple extra phases

considering our comparison is the sad excuse of an a620m hdv/m.2 non + and the b650m-p and m-a have relatively similar looking vrms i think this board will do fine for the 7800x3d, may or may not need abit of extra cooling but you just need to add a fan or undervolt abit

though if you can return it then definitely do so and swap for a b650 like the b650m-hdv which is a far better board and will last you alot longer than an a620 with weak vrms, non existent i/o, and non existent tuning capabilities

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

For the record that board listed doesn’t match the review. 

B650M-H/M.2+ vs. B650M-HDV/M.2 

Cant speak to how they’re different at the moment B650M-HDV/M.2 is $120 US. 

oh lolz my bad 😅

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Because I already bought a month before I knew about the problems it had, I will buy the b650 or something better next month when I get paid.

If you are saying that you wouldn't do that is because problems with performance I don't mind using at half power until I get to buy a better one but if it is because it can cause damage to my components then I could use my old setup.

Ps: for me in Amazon its 140 dollars with shipping and import fees, here in Chile it's 150 with shipping, so you guys can see what do I mean with "overpriced"

Screenshot_20240408_080523_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240408_083151_Amazon Shopping.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nytus said:

Because I already bought a month before I knew about the problems it had, I will buy the b650 or something better next month when I get paid.

If you are saying that you wouldn't do that is because problems with performance I don't mind using at half power until I get to buy a better one but if it is because it can cause damage to my components then I could use my old setup.

Ps: for me in Amazon its 140 dollars with shipping and import fees, here in Chile it's 150 with shipping, so you guys can see what do I mean with "overpriced"

Alright, then you can just as well use it until you get a better board. As others mentioned. The review I linked to was not even for this board, so might want to find something else instead, that's known for being better. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

As others mentioned. The review I linked to was not even for this board, so might want to find something else instead, that's known for being better. 

Yeah, I did write it while checking the spelling half awake at 8 am so I didn't see the responses above , thanks everyone for the help bytw

1 hour ago, Nytus said:

do not get the b650m-h

far inferior to the b650m-hdv in both i/o and vrms not to mention no integrated i/o shield

get a b650m-hdv bare minimum if you want a board upgrade, otherwise stick with that a620 till you actually need to upgrade it cause its supid to sidegrade to a board that also wont last very long due to inferior vrms and i/o

what other b650 mobo options are available alongside prices?