My GPU is not using it's ram

Does anyone know why my GPU is not using all the RAM it has it's been stuck at 1.2 and I know it can go higher (btw) I'm using Intel integrated graphics I know all my ram is working I just bought it and I test all of them also I have 32 gigs.

image.png.a4bc095abeb4c5cc5e68b3d5ea01a496.png

My guess is based on the program being used 1.2GB is all it's currently needing. Even dedicated GPUs won't always use all of its VRAM. 

Technology is like a good friend that does its best to piss you off at every turn. yet we love them anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Macfox38 said:

My guess is based on the program being used 1.2GB is all it's currently needing. Even dedicated GPUs won't always use all of its VRAM. 

Given that the RAM is shared with the CPU, I suspect the iGPU uses as less as possible 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Given that the RAM is shared with the CPU, I suspect the iGPU uses as less as possible 

I actually was just testing this on my laptop using Furmark and even pushing it it was only using about 400MB of its dedicated VRAM without using the shared RAM. Should be said im on an AMD system and they do give a little dedicated RAM to the integrated graphics. 

Technology is like a good friend that does its best to piss you off at every turn. yet we love them anyway. 

1 minute ago, Macfox38 said:

I actually was just testing this on my laptop using Furmark and even pushing it it was only using about 400MB of its dedicated VRAM without using the shared RAM. Should be said im on an AMD system

Try a benchmark like 3DSpy it should push the VRAM usage

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones