Boost mobile selling iphone 15 for $0.01

Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (256 GB) - Natural Titanium | [Locked] | Boost Infinite plan required starting at $60/mo. | Unlimited Wireless | No trade-in needed to start | Get the latest iPhone every year https://a.co/d/72frDYA

Am I missing something? What's the catch? Did these people just ho defunct and is dumping their stock?

Phone companies always do this - offer whatever the newest phone is for "free".

The catch is that $60+/month plan, and you're locked to the carrier forever. 

I'd assume the phone company then trades in the phone back to Apple or sells it as refurbished for the people that want a new phone every single year.

At that base rate of 60/month, after 20 months you'd have paid as much the $1200 MSRP of that phone (without a plan, of course). It's an alright deal if you are satisfied with the Boost service, just know what plan you're signing up for and will be locked to. Just watch for hidden fees, which there will absolutely be.

I'm not sure what you would or wouldnt be missing.
by buying it you enter a contract where Boost Infinite will charge you $70.28 per month for 36 months, and if you cancel any time before the 36 months, you get fined for it.
so you are paying $2500 for the phone and service and the service is lmao boost so its completely not worth it. Though you can trade it in for the next iphone every 12 months at the extension of another 12 months on your contract, which is also not worth it.

It’s a contract that includes the cost of the phone and fairly expensive service, as mentioned above.

If you have the financial means, I always recommend buying a phone outright.

If you don’t have the financial means, don’t buy an expensive phone, it’s a product you can’t afford. Plans like that give you an option to get the phone you want with manageable payments but overall you just end up way overpaying for a phone.

18 hours ago, Dragonwinged said:

Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (256 GB) - Natural Titanium | [Locked] | Boost Infinite plan required starting at $60/mo. | Unlimited Wireless | No trade-in needed to start | Get the latest iPhone every year https://a.co/d/72frDYA

Am I missing something? What's the catch? Did these people just ho defunct and is dumping their stock?

So you probably are going to have to enter a finance agreement. Where you agree to be a customer for X amount of time and they will pay for the phone. If you choose to leave early your will have to pay the full cost of the device.

Pay $0.01 for the phone at checkout (other than taxes on full retail price + shipping charges). Requires activation and financing through Boost Infinite. After checkout Boost Infinite will collect $60 that will be credited against your first month's wireless service bill.

You likely will be force in to a finance agreement each year. Its a ploy to keep you locked in. I wouldnt do it.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.