Dell optiplex won't recognize usb for installing an OS

So I've got a Dell optiplex 7060 and I can access to the bios just fine and the test for hardware is ok. When I tried to put a windows usb bootable key, windows installer worked but warned me than I was missing the peripheric pilot. I saw in a forum someone saying to use bios to wipe the drive so I did that. Now whenever I try to use a usb bootable key to put a distro of Linux on it, it won't recognize the key even if I reset bios setting 

Can someone help with that?😅 

Thanks in advance !

I am assuming the drive has been formatted correctly etc. Try disabling secure boot and see if that works and also depending on your motherboard you might have to press a key to show a boot menu with the list of devices to boot off like your usb. The key varies but it's usually f11, f9, or f2. Try referring to the manual off the machine or the motherboard. 

P.S. try flashing the usb drive with rufus or balena etcher again just to make sure its not the drive itself and use a different one if it is. 

51 minutes ago, Marx-Antoine said:

So I've got a Dell optiplex 7060 and I can access to the bios just fine and the test for hardware is ok. When I tried to put a windows usb bootable key, windows installer worked but warned me than I was missing the peripheric pilot. I saw in a forum someone saying to use bios to wipe the drive so I did that. Now whenever I try to use a usb bootable key to put a distro of Linux on it, it won't recognize the key even if I reset bios setting 

Can someone help with that?😅 

Thanks in advance !

try plugging the USB directly into the motherboard //  I/O back. Sometimes some USB's wont boot unless you plug it into the motherboard directly. IDK why but that makes it work most of the time.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT