VR headset for productivity

FatGuy88
Go to solution Solved by Birblover12,

Short answer: Probably Meta Quest 3 or the Meta Quest Pro.

Longer answer: Probably no VR headset right now is really good for productivity. Even the Apple Vision Pro costing as much as it does (and Linus agreed in his review) that the problem wasn't really the headset, it was the fact that looking through the headset for extended periods of time was extremely uncomfortable, only being able to use it for about an hour or two before wanting to just take it off (low battery life doesn't help either). Every headset will have this issue, both because of the screen being an inch away from your face, and the straps being uncomfortable (among other things). Obviously, different people will have different experiences, but a lot of the reviews for the kind of thing you're looking for share that issue.

Hi, I hope I've come to the right place. 馃

I'm looking into getting my first VR-headset, but I'm not sure if there is anything besides the Apple Vision Pro, that matches my needs.

I'm looking for a headset that I can use for work. I would prefer something that can show me a minimum of two virtual screen setup, and that can work with a mouse + keyboard.

It needs to work with Android and/or windows.聽

Does this exist?

Short answer: Probably Meta Quest 3 or the Meta Quest Pro.

Longer answer: Probably no VR headset right now is really good for productivity. Even the Apple Vision Pro costing as much as it does (and Linus agreed in his review) that the problem wasn't really the headset, it was the fact that looking through the headset for extended periods of time was extremely uncomfortable, only being able to use it for about an hour or two before wanting to just take it off (low battery life doesn't help either). Every headset will have this issue, both because of the screen being an inch away from your face, and the straps being uncomfortable (among other things). Obviously, different people will have different experiences, but a lot of the reviews for the kind of thing you're looking for share that issue.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Simply put no vr headset is good for productivity. So many people have tried but they all fail.

The headsets are simply just not comfortable for very long use, cause eyestrain after an hour or 2, motion sickness is quite common, They don't have a long battery life, unsharpness of text,...

Vr headsets are really only good at entertainment right now.

There's a reason ar and vr workplaces have failed to take off every single time.

You can try facebooks quests and see if they do it for you but dont get your hopes up.

A desk and a monitor or 2 will simply be better for productivity.

The eyestrain alone is going to be insane.聽 You're effectively focusing on the same distance all the time you have the headset on, something our eyes are not designed to do.

With screens, odds are you at least glance around the room more often than you notice, refocusing your eyes and so reducing strain.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv