Are my RAM optimal?

Go to solution Solved by Aleph256,

It's... Less bad since you'll only clock down to 3000, but if you're really strapped for capacity, I'd say afford yourself another 16 GB 3000MHz stick.

Matching sticks is good civilization.

Hello, I just "upgraded" my PC to I think better specs but I'm not sure that's why I want to ask here (I generally don't know too much about building a Computer).
I had previously built 2 x 8GB (3200 MHz) in my PC. But now I took "old" parts from my other PC and now I've installed additionally 1 x 16 (3000 MHz) and 1 x 8 (1200 MHz). The question now is, is it optimal? I now have 40 GB of RAM but I'm unsure how many MHz they are running. The task manager tells me it is 2133 MHz but I don't know if that's true or if that is even good.

Thanks for the help already!

Mix-matching frequencies is rarely a good option since the faster memory will clock down.
Plus it seems you're also mixing generations - this last stick is definitely not DDR4.

You'd be better off upgrading to a 2x16GB 3200MHz DDR4 kit.

What kind of loads are you running that require 40gigs?

What does the rest of your system look like?

6 minutes ago, Aleph256 said:

Mix-matching frequencies is rarely a good option since the faster memory will clock down.
Plus it seems you're also mixing generations - this last stick is definitely not DDR4.

You'd be better off upgrading to a 2x16GB 3200MHz DDR4 kit.

What kind of loads are you running that require 40gigs?

What does the rest of your system look like?

Oh okay, that's good to know.
But the last stick is DDR4. I checked in CPU-Z.
And to be honest I don't really need 40 GB for anything because I just play some games sometimes and then code but I thought maybe it would help even more.
My other specs are:
CPU: i5-13400
GPU: RTX 4060 Ti

Would it maybe be better if I just put the 1 x 16 GB + 1 x 8 GB? Or is that also not optimal?

It's... Less bad since you'll only clock down to 3000, but if you're really strapped for capacity, I'd say afford yourself another 16 GB 3000MHz stick.

Matching sticks is good civilization.