How much would be this system worth?

Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
2 hours ago, xifivette99 said:

So I plan on selling my system, which is a Dell OptiPlex 7040, and i wanted to ask how much would all this be worth?
CPU: i7 6700
GPU: Msi 1650 4GB Ventus OC
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200mhz Kingston Fury 

Storage: 256GB SK Hynix M.2 2280 PCIE 3.0 x4 SSD
Case, Motherboard, PSU are all stock dell optiplex parts, and the power supply is a 240W 80+ bronze unit
(Included windows 10)

Highly dependent on whether you are US or EU. I've got a ProDesk G3 with identical base specs that I picked up for about $50 from a bulk refurb seller(that's about what they go for each batch), then add $60 for the GPU, another $40 for windows bulk license grey market key. US id say like $175 bottom dollar/wholesale, and for EU add another $50 since apparently office machine like these come around less frequently. If it wasn't an office machine: I'd feel confident in the $250 with the PSU being able to be upgraded easily.

So I plan on selling my system, which is a Dell OptiPlex 7040, and i wanted to ask how much would all this be worth?

Case, Motherboard, PSU are all stock dell optiplex parts, and the power supply is a 240W 80+ bronze unit
(Included windows 10)

Oh it's a office to gaming rebuild.

Like 200$ if people are generous. But because it looks like a dell that'll be a bit of a stretch.

List it for 300 and barter the price to 200 or more.

probably 200$ -ish ... maybe $220-250 if you're lucky. 

You can get a refurbished system with similar specs but with integrated graphics for around $150-175, and a 1650 is maybe $50 - you can get a RX 570 or RX 580 for $50-70  ... also the low wattage psu doesn't help you. 

example : $225 for https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-3050-business-desktops-amp-workstations/p/1VK-0001-6G529?Item=9SIAK3JJV86356

Dell Optiplex 3050 SFF Business Desktop Computer, Intel Quad-Core i7-6700 Upto 4.00GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Display Port, HDMI, Wifi, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit ( Refurbish PC )

Welcome to the forums!
I'm with J, if you can get 200 that would be great. List at 300 and be argued down from there. 
If you have a friend who just needs *something* I'd let it go for 150

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

(Included windows 10)

Highly dependent on whether you are US or EU. I've got a ProDesk G3 with identical base specs that I picked up for about $50 from a bulk refurb seller(that's about what they go for each batch), then add $60 for the GPU, another $40 for windows bulk license grey market key. US id say like $175 bottom dollar/wholesale, and for EU add another $50 since apparently office machine like these come around less frequently. If it wasn't an office machine: I'd feel confident in the $250 with the PSU being able to be upgraded easily.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:26 PM, BiotechBen said:

EU, btw do you think it's worth taking that 6700 and putting it in a different motherboard/config? or is it better to sell the whole thing at once? Or even selling off all the parts separately?? I've also thought of building a low-power rig, with a apu, and perhaps a efficient 100> watt gpu. Any suggestions/ thoughts?

EU, btw do you think it's worth taking that 6700 and putting it in a different motherboard/config? or is it better to sell the whole thing at once? Or even selling off all the parts separately?? I've also thought of building a low-power rig, with a apu, and perhaps a efficient 100> watt gpu. Any suggestions/ thoughts?

It's likely a 6700T, so limited to 35W. Unless you've got another system that has a 6500t and you want to swap them and keep the better chip, it's not a meaningful swap, likely to be worse performing.

15 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

It's likely a 6700T, so limited to 35W. Unless you've got another system that has a 6500t and you want to swap them and keep the better chip, it's not a meaningful swap, likely to be worse performing.

It's a sff optiplex unit, and with a standard 6700

It's a sff optiplex unit, and with a standard 6700

Run a cinebench and make sure it goes to the full 65w, business machines sometimes show as not a T variant while being a T variant.