Can a dinamic DHCP cause pachet loss or conectivity issues ?

Sherk

So i have this issue recently, that when i play games my ping spikes sundenly to 100 and back to 49 , causing the game to lose conection to internet for a second , i contacted ISP and they said everything is good on their end, can this be a router issue? or because it has a dinamic DHCP, should i ask them to change to static? and also it intrerupts downloads for a second before continuing 

23 minutes ago, Sherk said:

So i have this issue recently, that when i play games my ping spikes sundenly to 100 and back to 49 , causing the game to lose conection to internet for a second , i contacted ISP and they said everything is good on their end, can this be a router issue? or because it has a dinamic DHCP, should i ask them to change to static? and also it intrerupts downloads for a second before continuing 

It wouldn't directly be the cause of ping spikes. DHCP vs. Static only relates to how your router assigns a local IP address to your computer. 

DHCP -> Router chooses a unique IP address on the network for you.

Static -> Device tells the router it is using the IP address you specify.

Now it's possible you could get ping spikes if you're using static IP and you set another device to the same static IP as the one you're playing games on. But you're more likely to experience a complete network outage for those two devices before you experience ping drops in game due to IP conflict. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It wouldn't directly be the cause of ping spikes. DHCP vs. Static only relates to how your router assigns a local IP address to your computer. 

Now it's possible you could get ping spikes if you're using static IP and you set another device to the same static IP as the one you're playing games on. But you're more likely to experience a complete network outage for those two devices before you experience ping drops in game due to IP conflict. 

then could it be the router at fault? 

2 minutes ago, Sherk said:

then could it be the router at fault? 

It could be. But I would be more suspicious of the connection to the game itself. Especially now that most games are peer to peer. You're relying on the quality of everyone else's internet as well. If you're connecting to some dude halfway across the world, there is going to be some latency and shenanigans happening in game. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

i have a Mercusys MR30G router , could this issue be from the router itself?

1 hour ago, Sherk said:

or because it has a dinamic DHCP, should i ask them to change to static?

Dynamic DHCP simply means there is no guarantee you get the same IP any time you connect a device to the network. Once connected the DHCP is completely out of the picture until the lease expires. Even then it will only result in single renewal request/response.

If you're talking about the IP you get from your ISP, it's unlikely they will change it. A static IP generally costs extra and probably not even available on a residential contract.

The router itself could be the issue, some other device intermittently using a lot of bandwidth could be, or some routing changes happening anywhere between you and the server. DHCP on the other hand is an unlikely source.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Sherk said:

and also it intrerupts downloads for a second

Which can be caused by Windows Defender (or any other AV).

1 hour ago, Sherk said:

my ping spikes sundenly to 100 and back to 49

Could be bufferbloat depending on the load on your local network.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Sherk said:

internet is a best effort service, delivered by many vendors in each country, and the speed and reliance are never better than the weakest link. 

you don't say what game you are playing, but as mentioned earlier unless it's a mmorpg it's usually peer-to-peer connections so you have the link between both sides that can cause problems. 

i'm on a cabled ethernet connection, and get 10-20ms ping localy, 45ish ms outside my country, and 2-300ms outside the continent..  with a wifi connection it is higher basicaly because you use radio link between your pc and router, that can fluctuate just by someone opening and closing a door, or opening a window, all depending on the geometry of what is between the router and your pc, as alot that contains glass steel and concrete/stone are known to cause interference with your link. 

so there is a lot you are not saying, and would require an answer before anyone can say anything about where your lag spikes originates..  and most likely there are nothing you can do about it.. 

but you could test with another device on your network if it experience the same spikes as you, to find out if it's from your pc only .. the router, or the rest of the world. 

routers today usually have a possibility to check on current traffic status if something out of the ordinary are occurring too, so you can check your routers management software by logging on to your router for that. 

but to answer the original question.. no, not those kind of problems. 

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

internet is a best effort service, delivered by many vendors in each country, and the speed and reliance are never better than the weakest link. 

you don't say what game you are playing, but as mentioned earlier unless it's a mmorpg it's usually peer-to-peer connections so you have the link between both sides that can cause problems. 

i'm on a cabled ethernet connection, and get 10-20ms ping localy, 45ish ms outside my country, and 2-300ms outside the continent..  with a wifi connection it is higher basicaly because you use radio link between your pc and router, that can fluctuate just by someone opening and closing a door, or opening a window, all depending on the geometry of what is between the router and your pc, as alot that contains glass steel and concrete/stone are known to cause interference with your link. 

so there is a lot you are not saying, and would require an answer before anyone can say anything about where your lag spikes originates..  and most likely there are nothing you can do about it.. 

but you could test with another device on your network if it experience the same spikes as you, to find out if it's from your pc only .. the router, or the rest of the world. 

routers today usually have a possibility to check on current traffic status if something out of the ordinary are occurring too, so you can check your routers management software by logging on to your router for that. 

but to answer the original question.. no, not those kind of problems. 

I play league of legends , I'm from Romania , I experienced the same result with fortnite , both phone and PC 

2 hours ago, Sherk said:

I play league of legends , I'm from Romania , I experienced the same result with fortnite , both phone and PC 

what version is your router, i see there are 3 revisions of the one you have, and have you tried updating firmware on it? 

Are you Cabled or using Wifi on your PC, i assume your mobile is wifi.. 😄

i have had similar issues and ended up replacing router as it was dropping signal on the wifi now and then with the router 5 meter from the laptop in the same room. 

altho, the cabled pc never had that issue. 

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

what version is your router, i see there are 3 revisions of the one you have, and have you tried updating firmware on it? 

Are you Cabled or using Wifi on your PC, i assume your mobile is wifi.. 😄

i have had similar issues and ended up replacing router as it was dropping signal on the wifi now and then with the router 5 meter from the laptop in the same room. 

altho, the cabled pc never had that issue. 

Cabled , it's the latest version

So I wanna let y'all know , I replaced the router with a much older one that I had (2012) , and guess what , it works like charm , no data loss , it has 100mbps limit , but works well , I'm going to test it for the next days. Thanks everyone