FPS s**** bed when using controller

I'm have been playing controller on PC perfectly fine for months, then one day I started getting horrible FPS drops on Fortnite down to 30, a game I have been running smooth 165 for as long as I have had my PC. I would really appreciate any fixes, Some details are that I'm using an Xbox controller via Bluetooth (same as I had been doing before the problem started occurring), I don't have the fps drop when I use KBM on the same game, and PC can eat this game for breakfast, and it seems to slowly degrade my FPS the longer I use the controller starting at 165 then after 15 - 20 mins it has reached 40-30fps and frame freezing starts, and my controller software is fully updated, the problem started after CHP 5 season 2 came out. Thanks in advance 🙂

5 minutes ago, Zekeepoo said:

I'm have been playing controller on PC perfectly fine for months, then one day I started getting horrible FPS drops on Fortnite down to 30, a game I have been running smooth 165 for as long as I have had my PC. I would really appreciate any fixes, Some details are that I'm using an Xbox controller via Bluetooth (same as I had been doing before the problem started occurring), I don't have the fps drop when I use KBM on the same game, and PC can eat this game for breakfast, and it seems to slowly degrade my FPS the longer I use the controller starting at 165 then after 15 - 20 mins it has reached 40-30fps and frame freezing starts, and my controller software is fully updated, the problem started after CHP 5 season 2 came out. Thanks in advance 🙂

Can you try turning off the power saving options in settings? Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't make any performance difference, but because you're only using controller and no keyboard, FN might think you're "AFK" and go into power saving mode because you're using a controller and not a keyboard. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

3 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

Can you try turning off the power saving options in settings? Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't make any performance difference, but because you're only using controller and no keyboard, FN might think you're "AFK" and go into power saving mode because you're using a controller and not a keyboard. 

On it boss

26 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

Unfortunately no improvement.

Just now, Zekeepoo said:

Unfortunately no improvement.

Interesting. 

If you're using a wireless controller, try it in wired mode. 

If you're using a wired controller, try it in wireless mode if it has wireless capabilities. 

Not sure why that would help but it's worth trying right? 

I would say that this is a good opportunity to get good at playing on KBM... 😄 

I started playing Fortnite very recently, in July 2023 - C4S3. I played on controller for a month and I was awful at the game. Switching to keyboard took a week for me to get used to but now I'm so good at FN on a keyboard. I still can't build though... that's why I play Zero Build! 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx