Need help with audio mixer selection.

So I want to get an xlr audio mixer for my microphone. Thing is I can't get one that connects to my PC via USB as all of my USB and USB-c ports are populated by things I can't remove. That being said I don't know any audio mixers that can connect to my PC via Aux so I was hoping to get some help on this. I am not at my PC rn but if anyone needs me to get a picture of what ports I have I can get that later. 

What do you have that's populating all your USB ports? Are you able to get a USB hub for any of the devices? Technically any mixer with a master out or sub groups can output into your pc via AUX, but it will likely not behave as you intend it to without getting another sound card for your pc as well.

You should probably buy a PCIe USB card first. Sonnet and StarTech are trusted brands.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

4 hours ago, NinJake said:

What do you have that's populating all your USB ports? Are you able to get a USB hub for any of the devices? Technically any mixer with a master out or sub groups can output into your pc via AUX, but it will likely not behave as you intend it to without getting another sound card for your pc as well.

I have a bunch of stuff from mic to wireless headset to keyboard to about 6 other things as well. I'd rather not use a hub as I personally have only had bad experiences with them.

13 hours ago, darkwolfotf said:

I have a bunch of stuff from mic to wireless headset to keyboard to about 6 other things as well. I'd rather not use a hub as I personally have only had bad experiences with them.

Hubs are only bad experiences if you plug in high-powered devices like an external hard drive, printers, scanners, etc.

I tried looking up more "high powered" USB devices, but it seems like every article is written without knowledge of modern devices. I would imagine USB microphones and USB webcams are also high-powered?

The idea of using a PCIe USB card is to add another USB controller (or 2) to your available ones. I think motherboards typically have 3-4 controllers, but it's not really clear which port is assigned to which controller. The controller acts as the bottleneck for USB port speeds and power, and not necessarily the ports themselves. A USB hub just gives your more ports, but it's still leeching off the same controller as the other ports assigned to it.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 3/29/2024 at 8:25 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

Hubs are only bad experiences if you plug in high-powered devices like an external hard drive, printers, scanners, etc.

I tried looking up more "high powered" USB devices, but it seems like every article is written without knowledge of modern devices. I would imagine USB microphones and USB webcams are also high-powered?

The idea of using a PCIe USB card is to add another USB controller (or 2) to your available ones. I think motherboards typically have 3-4 controllers, but it's not really clear which port is assigned to which controller. The controller acts as the bottleneck for USB port speeds and power, and not necessarily the ports themselves. A USB hub just gives your more ports, but it's still leeching off the same controller as the other ports assigned to it.

Would you happen to have any cards that you would recommend? Also separate from the audio but would you happen to know what adapter it is for a mothboard USB connection to a case usbc port, my motherboard has an extra USB that my case doesn't have however I have one case usbc going unused because I have no more places to plug it in. And even if I do need to get a card do you have an audio mixer you think would be good without totally breaking the bank, like 100 dollars or cheaper us, maybe 150 if it is worth the extra (idk enough about it)