New to PC Gaming

As the title suggests, I've never taken part in PC gaming before but I'm looking to dip my toe in. Thus I'm seeking an entry level Gaming PC. A local college's Esports team is upgrading their rigs and I've found one of their old set ups available for around 500. Bellow are the specs. Do you guys feel like this is reasonable for the price?  I must admit, having never built a PC the fact that this comes pre-built and well maintained is a plus for me. I know some of the stuff is on the old side but again I'm just looking for a basic Gaming PC. I don't need 60 FPS locked in or Ray tracing or anything fancy. Just a playable experience. Thanks for your time.

Specs:
- Inwin 703 ATX Mid Tower
- Cooler Master Masterwatt 650w 80+ bronze PSU
- Asus STRIX GeForce GTX 1080TI
- Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
- Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
- ASUS TUF B360 Pro Gaming
- Intel i7 8700 CPU

Includes:
- Power Cable
- WIFI Antenna

Approx. Measurements: 7.5" x 18.75" x 17"

Budget (including currency): 500ish US Dollars.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Entry Level Gaming PC

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Seems decent for $500. This would probably be able to play all games at 1080p right now. If you learn on how to optimized graphic settings for each games, you would probably get good fps.

Ask to lower the price for $100-50. $50 at the least cause you're gonna spend $50 on day one on SSD storage. You're not gonna torture yourself by installing games on an HDD and 250GB boot will fill up by simply installing Steam and Chrome. $400 I'd take it with a smile, $450 I'd take it but no smile.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, Tangleduponblue said:

As the title suggests, I've never taken part in PC gaming before but I'm looking to dip my toe in. Thus I'm seeking an entry level Gaming PC. A local college's Esports team is upgrading their rigs and I've found one of their old set ups available for around 500. Bellow are the specs. Do you guys feel like this is reasonable for the price?  I must admit, having never built a PC the fact that this comes pre-built and well maintained is a plus for me. I know some of the stuff is on the old side but again I'm just looking for a basic Gaming PC. I don't need 60 FPS locked in or Ray tracing or anything fancy. Just a playable experience. Thanks for your time.

Specs:
- Intel i7 8700 CPU

Includes:
- Power Cable
- WIFI Antenna

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

For me the best i could do new was https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vFkMdH

So this is decently good for the price, as venom said though, $450 would be good for the price, not just decently good

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 hour ago, Tangleduponblue said:

Specs:
- Intel i7 8700 CPU

Includes:
- Power Cable
- WIFI Antenna

Considering this comes with wifi and a 2tb hdd I actually can't beat this. Would have to be very patient for some good used deals to do so.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

12 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

What is this saying? No one's gonna build an 8 year old PC out of new and old parts, especially considering their pricing. Might as well just build new for less that has same performance such as @TatamiMatt's.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, venomtail said:

What is this saying? No one's gonna build an 8 year old PC out of new and old parts, especially considering their pricing. Might as well just build new for less that has same performance such as @TatamiMatt's.

His was in the Uk though ://
Just ignoring the different pricing alone just converting pounds to usd it comes out to $613

3 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Nvm I realized something

4 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

His was in the Uk though ://
Just ignoring the different pricing alone just converting pounds to usd it comes out to $613

generally US pricing comes out to the same end price with cheaper components, i have my eyes on a 7900xtx nitro+, in UK its £1029, in US its $1059

Converting GBP to USD that GPU would cost me the equivalent of $1300

Edit: Also that build is $531 which i think you just realised 😋

2 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Nvm I realized something

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3