Totally unknown password manager for company with 200 employees

Hi all.

I'm an employee at at company with almost 200 employees. 

In a couple of weeks all company computers will be forced to use a new password manager.
We will not be able to have any other password manager installed in our browser.

The new password manager - I've searched the internet for the name of this company, Uni*key.
Basically nothing comes up, except their own marketing and their own promotional comments on Reddit etc.
I see no reason to trust their own website.

I really feel like the company I work at are takning big risks with using this totally unknown password manager.
Any advise? 

Use something like Keepass XC in portable mode?

Personally, i never used any browser extensions for a password manager, need to take 30 sec to add login page url into record in password manager.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

No need to worry about LTT selling you out. 

It definitely seems like a business oriented product which could explain the lack of consumer reviews, however there are definitely some fake reviews. 

Unless you have contact with the people at your company responsible for making these decisions, there is not much you can do.

it's for work, so... dont store anything personal in it?

i've had to use some shady-ass password managers in my IT days because of project manager preference for whatever fell into their inbox... and it's never been a problem.

This is a classic case of not my job. Let IT deal with the IT, and the consequences if the new password manager is a flop. Unless you're making the decisions there's not much you can do about bad ones except keep your CV up to date.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

54 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it's for work, so... dont store anything personal in it?

i've had to use some shady-ass password managers in my IT days because of project manager preference for whatever fell into their inbox... and it's never been a problem.

I guess you're right. 
I got employed when this was still a small company, back then we could choose the hardware of our liking and use it privately and at work. 
But with increasing size of the company I will just have to accept that work computer is for work, only!

Thanks for the advise guys

52 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

work computer is for work, only!

Exactly that.

You can use it for some personal use (if it's allowed), but if it's me, I wouldn't store any sensitive personal data in it.

I found reddit entries about Uniqkey, but it's nothing much, just someone claiming their company changed to it.

But yea, like all others said, if you are not in IT team, just follow along while doing your own security measure (if you have one that is) that doesn't clash with the IT team or with the workplace system.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.