Building a GTX 1080ti with Heatkiller IV watercooling back to (stock) aircooling

Hello people,

My old GTX 1080 recently started giving up and since I'm on a budget I found a used MSI GTX 1080ti Fe on eBay for a decent price (185€ negotiable). 

Unfortunately, this 1080ti is equipped with Heatkiller IV water-cooling an I would have to build it back to air-cooling so I can use it in my build.

The seller told me he has all the original parts and I would only need new cooling pads. 

I would like to ask you guys if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to buy this card and if there are any decent guids on how to build this card back for a noob who never messed with opening a GPU?

Thank you in advance :D

Unbenannt.PNG

GPU disassembly on 200-1000 series Nvidia cards is quite simple. Not too many screws of different lengths. 

If the seller has the original fan and heatsink, it would not be hard to reattach it, following these steps in reverse

https://youtu.be/ZRnbvLIWigA

But is it worth it for the price? I'm sure you could find a better card that you wouldn't have to do work on for less money.

185€ for a 1080ti with work to do isnt a great deal. Can find completes on ebay for 200€ where there is also negotiatons possible