I was casually using my phone then this happened out of the blue and I didn't even do anything

did you take this pic with a webcam from 1996?

You should back up all your data while the phone is still usable, in case it gets any worse. After that, try the basics like restart it, mes with brightness control, enable or disable high refreshrate. but tbh it looks like its busted

It looks like the left side of the screen decided to self destruct somehow, try fixing it by changing display related settings and fully turning it off and back on.
If that doesn't work try RMA or repair if you can get it for free.

We also need a photo that wasn't taken with a Nintendo DSi camera.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

What phone?

Oled?

Dropped it recently? Weird battery behavior?

As @OhYou_ said BACK UP DATA NOW!!!!!!! a self destructing screen is a BAD sign.

This can happen if there is pressure on the screen or you get quite unlucky with an oled.

5 minutes ago, rippy4500 said:

It looks like the left side of the screen decided to self destruct somehow, try fixing it by changing display related settings and fully turning it off and back on.
If that doesn't work try RMA or repair if you can get it for free.

We also need a photo that wasn't taken with a Nintendo DSi camera.

Some backlight capacitor decided to seppuku

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

It's 6 years old I ain't getting no RMA and the screen is ips. Finally I don't have anything better to take pictures with.