Steam download ramping up slowly and not hitting anywhere close to my max download speed.

7 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

OP seems to know the difference between the 2 though, i think hes looking to hit around 100MBps on steam instead of 25, or 900mbps instead of 200

then why post the screenshot with MB/s (?) and say they would be ok with 100Mbps when its really 200Mbps?

Doesn't make sense and as said the graph also looks perfectly fine.

Steam will probably tell OP the exact same thing (also blah blah blah "compression")

Happens all the time that people don't know the difference between bits and bytes, i don't see how this is different (just look at the graph, its perfectly stable as far Steam downloads go) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

then why post the screenshot with MB/s (?) and say they would be ok with 100Mbps when its really 200Mbps?

Doesn't make sense and as said the graph also looks perfectly fine.

Steam will probably tell OP the exact same thing (also blah blah blah "compression")

Happens all the time that people don't know the difference between bits and bytes, i don't see how this is different (just look at the graph, its perfectly stable as far Steam downloads go) 

Yeah, just that the numbers do kinda match up other than the first one, but i think that first ones a typo and he wants 100MBps,

And looking at the numbers, 25MBps on steam. However there's another computer hitting 900 on the same network, disregarding the number, im assuming he doesnt have 7Gbps download so we can assume 900 is in mbps which would put his max download at 112.5MBps, similar to what hes getting in EPIC on his own computer, but not steam. So his PC is receiving fast enough download to hit beyond 100MBps, but steam is not utilising that for some reason

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3