Are there any wireless Carplay / Android Auto screens that don't suck?

Putting it here because I'm not sure where it would fit.

I have a 2012 Ford Escape, sync 2, with no Navigation unit - so the DIN location sucks for something like on screen navigation.  I'd like something that I can mount to the dash instead, but there are so many wireless car play devices out there that I can't tell the good from the bad.  I'd prefer using an audio cable to use the line in jack as the stereo defaults to line in - there's no button for Bluetooth and you have to use the voice activation to put it in Bluetooth mode, which can be as irritating as it sounds.

that was an in-dash unit.  I'm not looking to replace my in-dash unit because the sight lines suck and even my peripheral vision would be off the road.  I'm talking about something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJ5NH4GB that augments the existing in-dash stereo.

I'm curious too but for a different device. There are so many wireless carplay adapters out there and most of them seem to come from the same factory. I have a pioneer 8100nex I want to add wireless carplay to but I don't know which device to buy.