PC Randomly shutting off since a week

Vaniteiy

Hola frens,

My partners PC has been randomly shutting off since a week now,

it started off as a just shut down and then didnt wanna boot for like 5 min and

then booted again and didnt do it for a whole day after.

Now it just occurs every 5-10 min so she's not been using the PC, we've

talked to multiple people and searched for aid on different forums but to no avail yet.

We've checked temperatures and they stay stable even when it shuts down.

Turned off the pc and disconnected it from the electricity completely and checked

for any loose cables.

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63

Storage: Corsair MP600 1TB

CPU: AMD 3700X

Motherboard: MSI MPGX570 Gaming EDGE WiFi mobo

Ramsticks: KLEVV CRAS x RGB 8gb x 4 MHZ 3200 DDR4

GPU: EVGA Nvidea GFORCE RTX 3060 12GB xc gaming

Powersupply: Corsair RM Series 750W 80+ Gold Power

It has done this bizarre thing which happened only twice but we got to film one of them which

i will attach here and another video of a slomo of the whole inside build.

PC Bug: 

PC: 

Can you get into BIOS at all? Also what is that clicking sound? Where does it come from exactly?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

12 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Can you get into BIOS at all? Also what is that clicking sound? Where does it come from exactly?

So the PC stays on for like a minute, and i legit have NO CLUE what that clicking sound is

We got into the BIOS once but had no clue what to do, but it did not shut down during the BIOS page

if that answers your question.

A lot of people also said that they never have seen anything like this, so it worries me 🥲

Just now, Vaniteiy said:

So the PC stays on for like a minute, and i legit have NO CLUE what that clicking sound is

We got into the BIOS once but had no clue what to do, but it did not shut down during the BIOS page

if that answers your question.

A lot of people also said that they never have seen anything like this, so it worries me 🥲

Ohye and the clicking sound seems to be insync with the LED lights, so perhaps the motherboard in some kind of way?

45 minutes ago, Vaniteiy said:

My partners PC has been randomly shutting off since a week now,

it started off as a just shut down and then didnt wanna boot for like 5 min and

then booted again and didnt do it for a whole day after.

Alright, dig in memory, any changes happened/done to their PC before the problems started?

15 minutes ago, Vaniteiy said:

Ohye and the clicking sound seems to be insync with the LED lights, so perhaps the motherboard in some kind of way?

perhaps, is the sound coming from MB? worst case it's MB/PSU, best case it's the LEDs themself

also, how much are you experienced with PC building? are you confident enough to remove and plug-in specific cables/parts?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

53 minutes ago, podkall said:

Alright, dig in memory, any changes happened/done to their PC before the problems started?

perhaps, is the sound coming from MB? worst case it's MB/PSU, best case it's the LEDs themself

also, how much are you experienced with PC building? are you confident enough to remove and plug-in specific cables/parts?

I've built the PC myself, requested a partlist on a Discord of pc builders and built it myself, im confident in building and taking it apart 

just not the troubleshooting hahah. What did you want me to look for the in memory in the bios? I have enabled xmp profile 1, is that maybe a signal?

What would you recommend me trying to take apart?

4 minutes ago, Vaniteiy said:

I've built the PC myself, requested a partlist on a Discord of pc builders and built it myself, im confident in building and taking it apart 

just not the troubleshooting hahah. What did you want me to look for the in memory in the bios? I have enabled xmp profile 1, is that maybe a signal?

What would you recommend me trying to take apart?

basically everything I guess,

depends what you've already tried, have you tried running XMP off, or single stick of RAM, or re-seating anything already?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Also what about recent changes? Was the PC unchanged prior and after the problems?

PC:

PCs I used before:

10 minutes ago, podkall said:

basically everything I guess,

depends what you've already tried, have you tried running XMP off, or single stick of RAM, or re-seating anything already?

Got it, haven't tried without the XMP Profile, nor single stick.
I tried 2 sticks instead of 4.

And after building the PC we have not changed a thing, the thing is like 2 years old now

Do any of these signs also signal the PSU is dying? Cause that was our first suspect

1 minute ago, Vaniteiy said:

Got it, haven't tried without the XMP Profile, nor single stick.
I tried 2 sticks instead of 4.

And after building the PC we have not changed a thing, the thing is like 2 years old now

Do any of these signs also signal the PSU is dying? Cause that was our first suspect

oh yeah, consider age, also how often do you clean the inside, if even?

PC:

PCs I used before:

25 minutes ago, podkall said:

oh yeah, consider age, also how often do you clean the inside, if even?

she said she cleaned it once, i somehow doubt that

tomorrow when shes awake will tell her to try turning off xmp profile and try single stick

maybe new psu? not sure if thats worth checking

Took another look at the video with a fresh head this morning and it sounds like it's either shorting out somewhere or a faulty capacitor. Check the backside of the motherboard, if there isn't something touching where it shouldn't be touching and inspect the motherboard capacitors. Also try to locate if it's coming from the bottom or the upper part of the motherboard. Also also - check your 24pin connector and take a look at the cable if all the pins are there securely. And while the motherboard is out, look for any signs of corrosion or discoloration on the back of it around any of the elements, mainly the capacitors and the VRMs.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

11 hours ago, Vaniteiy said:

she said she cleaned it once, i somehow doubt that

tomorrow when shes awake will tell her to try turning off xmp profile and try single stick

maybe new psu? not sure if thats worth checking

try checking @QuantumSingularity's advice,

it's possible yours used vacuum cleaner, but that won't really help with the fine powder because as fine as it looks it sticks to the surface quite steadily, if you wanna clean the PC then compressed air is way to go,

either in can or some electronic blower device,

one tip when dusting with these air blowers is having vacuum cleaner near the ricochet zone picking up the dust so it doesn't just spread in the air,

also with canned air it's powered by propane so you can't really tilt the can much, otherwise it will start to spew little bit of propane and you don't want liquids in your PC case

PC:

PCs I used before: