Hooorrible Cinebench scores.. unbelievably low.

I do decently well on other benchmarks, but On Cinebench only my 4070 does good, my CPU does hooorrendous!  I just got a 64pts in single core, and like 100 in Multicore! I know I don't have a top of the line 2024 PC, but the scores I see even for stock are 10-30x higher for stock with the same CPU! Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

3700xt

B550am

32gb DDR4

Gigabyte 4070

Windows 10

11 minutes ago, RetroGamer18 said:

3700xt

Do you mean 2700X??

First off, what version of Cinebench are you running? There's quite a few different versions, and the scores from each of them don't line up with each other. The scores you listed sound like CB 2024 (this produces very low scores compared to the more prevalent R23, though your chip should still be doing ~750 multi core in 2024), though it can technically be something else. 

Second, what CPU are you actually running? The 3700XT doesn't exist, is that a typo for the 3700X or 3800XT? It won't make much of a difference, but it's still good to know. Also, is that the ASRock B550AM, and what CPU cooler are you running?

Third, since there's dozens of things that can cause this, going for the Hail Mary solution is probably for the best. Download HWInfo64 and launch it in "Sensors Only" mode (it'll show up in the dialog box if you want it sensors only or summary only). Once open, in the bottom right of the window there will be a button that looks like a piece of paper with a plus sign, hit that and run Cinebench. This will create a log of every sensor in the system that can be read later to see if there's something over heating, a power limit set way too low in the BIOS, the CPU not boosting correctly, etc. Send that file once you create it. 

3700x, typo... I'm using the stock cooler that came with the system. Am about to install a new 240ml system today because mine is super loud and annoying.

I think the version of Cinibench is 2024.0.1. 

And I know I'm not going to get some crazy score but to get single digits when in the list of systems my score is next to, it's waaaay old crappy systems, is just very confusing.

9 hours ago, RetroGamer18 said:

3700x, typo... I'm using the stock cooler that came with the system. Am about to install a new 240ml system today because mine is super loud and annoying.

I think the version of Cinibench is 2024.0.1. 

And I know I'm not going to get some crazy score but to get single digits when in the list of systems my score is next to, it's waaaay old crappy systems, is just very confusing.

the stock cooler is literally good enough, BUT it is loud and annoying so its understandable you want to change it.

however,  that your testing your gpu with cinebench is very confusing... its a cpu benchmark...

that leads me to suspect you maybe have some weird settings elsewhere too.

did you overclock anything? 

are you using windows default settings? 

i would recommend running firestrike benchmark (demo on steam) and link to the results here (a screenshot is *not* sufficient) so we get a baseline of how your pc actually performs instead of just saying its bad... 

sure 100 points sounds bad, but it also doesn't make any sense so we need something that's objective,  hence something like firestrike benchmark is needed.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

the stock cooler is literally good enough, BUT it is loud and annoying so its understandable you want to change it.

however,  that your testing your gpu with cinebench is very confusing... its a cpu benchmark...

that leads me to suspect you maybe have some weird settings elsewhere too.

did you overclock anything? 

are you using windows default settings? 

i would recommend running firestrike benchmark (demo on steam) and link to the results here (a screenshot is *not* sufficient) so we get a baseline of how your pc actually performs instead of just saying its bad... 

sure 100 points sounds bad, but it also doesn't make any sense so we need something that's objective,  hence something like firestrike benchmark is needed.

Cinebench R24 most definitely has a gpu benchmark.

Screenshot_1.jpg

from what i see online,

R7 3700X on R24: Single 74 | Multi 736

you should get around those scores, but windows can lower the cores little if it does something.

go on cinebench options make sure it used all 16threads of the cpu.

or try other program like R15 or R23 see how it behaves there.

cause it could be a bug, so try the older ones for example

R23: Single 1294cb | Multi 12355cb

R15: Single 204cb | Multi 2114cb

if you get lower on those to, then try your new cooler.

go to bios and reset settings/default settings

and try again.

Before you test, close other programs. Run the test once see the scores then open hwinfo64 or other program to check cpu temps and run the test again.

maybe you forgot thermal paste 😛 kidding