Phone Can't Take Far Photos. Why?

Hello, I have the Xiaomi Mi 11 and for some reason I can no longer (for the past month now) take further away photos without it being very blurry when I could flawlessly prior. I could even zoom into a performance in a concert before but that's not even remotely a possibility any more. Close up photos and videos like someone right in front of me is still as good as it ever was. The auto focus on those photos work as it should too. 

What could I do to try and fix this puzzling issue?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Super Sweet said:

What could I do to try and fix this puzzling issue?

1. Clean off the camera lenses with one of those fine microfiber cloths. No need to use any harsh chemicals.
  2. Remove any lens protectors if you have one installed.
  3. Update your phone's ROM to the latest version.
  4. Delete the cache for the camera app, restart the phone and try using the camera again.
  5. You might have a broken AF system. Did you drop your phone prior to noticing this problem? If you can still return the phone for replacement or repair, try that. Otherwise, some people have reported tapping on the rear of the phone below the camera while the app is open gets AF to work. Obviously, this is just a temporary fix.

do you have functioning OIS? very likely something has broken in the optics control and the phone no longer has control of the lens, so it cant move the lens out to focus on distant objects.