How do i disable windows antivirus?

Blazepoint5
Go to solution Solved by tanjackson,

spacer.png

Hey folks

i have 2 antivirus 1 is 3rd party and the other is windows, you might know that if a 3rd party antivirus is installed the windows antivirus doesn't work because the 3rd party one is doing the job automatically, but everytime i finish playing a game or 2 or after i have put some files in a spesific place, the windows antivirus deletes put them in quarantine, reguard them as threat or something and my stuff endup getting deleted and im sure its windows not the 3rd party.

I already have a 3rd party Antivirus and i want to disable windows antivirus because it is annoying, i feel like i dont have full control of the thing apart from control and exclusion future which are cool but fail sometimes for me. I opted to 3rd party because of that. 

I want to disable that crap, i have tried using services but windows would let me disable it there.

What version of Windows are you running?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

20 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What version of Windows are you running?

14 minutes ago, tanjackson said:

spacer.png

I don't see it mate, or is it my pc.

20240315_051816.jpg

are you sure you have genuine windows version? 

cause in 10  any other AV will turn it off for you.

i recommend installing windows 10 and actually use defender, because this "crap" is actually the best AV you can get currently. 

Otherwise,  again, every AV i know turns off defender *automatically* so i don't really understand how this can even happen. 

did you edit the registry?  is this the original windows 11 version or some bootleg, etc?

ps: what's the mysterious 3rd party AV? maybe that's the issue afterall? 

And it deletes game files? 👀

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

are you sure you have genuine windows version? 

cause in 10  any other AV will turn it off for you.

i recommend installing windows 10 and actually use defender, because this "crap" is actually the best AV you can get currently. 

Otherwise,  again, every AV i know turns off defender *automatically* so i don't really understand how this can even happen. 

did you edit the registry?  is this the original windows 11 version or some bootleg, etc?

ps: what's the mysterious 3rd party AV? maybe that's the issue afterall? 

And it deletes game files? 👀

I just restored my Windows from 11 to 10, the issue is fixed now.

Windows av is good at defending but when it comes to control you hands could slip from the leash and that would give you a headache to grab it back, i mean windows av can apam 100 files and say it has virus or reguard then as threat, and going on one by one to restore them or do what you want to revert the issue is a pain and not all the times you see your files in quarantine. Sometimes the AV could breakdown and not work in some scenarios when i install new windows or something. 

Im using 360 Antivirus, its simple and good tbh been using it for a while now.

52 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

I just restored my Windows from 11 to 10, the issue is fixed now.

Windows av is good at defending but when it comes to control you hands could slip from the leash and that would give you a headache to grab it back, i mean windows av can apam 100 files and say it has virus or reguard then as threat, and going on one by one to restore them or do what you want to revert the issue is a pain and not all the times you see your files in quarantine. Sometimes the AV could breakdown and not work in some scenarios when i install new windows or something. 

Im using 360 Antivirus, its simple and good tbh been using it for a while now.

yeah i had one or two instances where defender deleted a file i needed... in ~ 20 years of using it, so yes its an issue but seems exceedingly rare, and i was also able to restore the files in all cases.

that's also why i said windows 10 cause i heard 11 got much worse with this (you have less control)

i mean im glad its fixed now, but i don't really get why a third party av would be better,  they're all worse in my experience, but good if it works for you (i haven't used many tbf, but, they were all worse - Kaspersky deleted Steam straight up for example lmao,  never again) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity