LG TV no surround

Hi, i have an LG 55NANO866PA hooked up to a Sony HT-S40R via eARC. I can’t get surround sound to work with any hdmi device. But it is working flawlessly with any media played via a streaming app (Netflix, Disney+ etc)

I have also tried changing the audio settings from bitstream to pcm. If I try to use optical audio from the tv to the soundbar my tv just mutes all audio. 

I have run out of solutions and any help will be appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, Mossi said:

Hi, i have an LG 55NANO866PA hooked up to a Sony HT-S40R via eARC. I can’t get surround sound to work with any hdmi device. But it is working flawlessly with any media played via a streaming app (Netflix, Disney+ etc)

I have also tried changing the audio settings from bitstream to pcm. If I try to use optical audio from the tv to the soundbar my tv just mutes all audio. 

I have run out of solutions and any help will be appreciated. 

Just to be clear you have tried turning on surround sound on the hdmi device correct? For example the nintendo switch has it's own audio settings under tv settings. Same with the ps5 but under a different menu.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

you have the same issue i have with my nano90. any hdmi input will not play any dd only stereo through eark. but the apps play all dd just fine. i honestly think its a nano series issue.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:05 PM, Hellowpplz said:

Just to be clear you have tried turning on surround sound on the hdmi device correct? For example the nintendo switch has it's own audio settings under tv settings. Same with the ps5 but under a different menu.

Yes, I have tried to turn on surround on the hdmi device

On 3/15/2024 at 2:41 AM, circeseye said:

you have the same issue i have with my nano90. any hdmi input will not play any dd only stereo through eark. but the apps play all dd just fine. i honestly think its a nano series issue.

I think you’re correct. I tried it with my Sony KD-65A1 and it works on all hdmi devices with little to no setup