Building a Frankenstien system for my sister, and I can use my old 1800X or a 5700G my nephew gave her, which is better?

From what I can tell the only difference between the 2 CPUs is like 400Mhz bump on the 5700G, and that it has onboard graphics, which will not be used. I suppose the total TDP is slightly lower as well, but considering that the cache size and everything else is the same, will there really be much of an actual noticeable difference in gaming? If not, I will probably use the 1800X and then put the 5700G in a light-use PC for our mother who will actually use the built-in GPU functionality. If there is a marked difference for gaming though, than I will use the 5700G in my sister's "new" gaming rig.

Thanks in advance.聽 馃檪

5700G is much better. You are ignoring the improvements in IPC across the generations, like AMD just sat on their laurels from 2017 to 2021. (Who do you think they are, Intel?)

8 Zen 3 cores wipes the floor with 8 Zen 1 cores.聽

I would not want to use Zen 1 in a gaming PC now.聽

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.聽 If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Zen 1 vs zen 3 is like up to a 50% increase in performance.

Mhz isnt a way to measure performance even in the same series of cpu's. Benvhmarks are and the 5700g is SIGNIFICANTLY better

19 minutes ago, Middcore said:

5700G is much better. You are ignoring the improvements in IPC across the generations, like AMD just sat on their laurels from 2017 to 2021. (Who do you think they are, Intel?)

8 Zen 3 cores wipes the floor with 8 Zen 1 cores.聽

I would not want to use Zen 1 in a gaming PC now.聽

I have the 1800X in my rig currently, the only game I haven't been able to run at max settings up to this point is Starfield, which is why I finally picked up a 5800X 3D for my rig,this is the reason the 1800X is available for FrankenPC. This PC won't be used for anything but gaming, and she ONLY plays ESO. So really either chip is gonna be MUCH more horsepower than she needs, that's why I am trying to figure out if there is a major difference in gaming specifically.聽

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Zen 1 vs zen 3 is like up to a 50% increase in performance.

Mhz isnt a way to measure performance even in the same series of cpu's. Benvhmarks are and the 5700g is SIGNIFICANTLY better

I tried looking around for some benchmarks to compare the two, but couldn't really find anything from a reliable source. Do you have a few links for this info I could check out?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, 420inPortland said:

From what I can tell the only difference between the 2 CPUs is like 400Mhz bump on the 5700G, and that it has onboard graphics, which will not be used. I suppose the total TDP is slightly lower as well, but considering that the cache size and everything else is the same, will there really be much of an actual noticeable difference in gaming? If not, I will probably use the 1800X and then put the 5700G in a light-use PC for our mother who will actually use the built-in GPU functionality. If there is a marked difference for gaming though, than I will use the 5700G in my sister's "new" gaming rig.

Thanks in advance.聽 馃檪

5700g by a long way.聽

Ideally you would sell the 1800x and get something like a 5600. 1800x is in no mans land.