Apple TV 4K how to disable hdmi cec?

I can still control my Apple TV 4K with my tv remote after turning off HDMI cec how can I fix this?

IMG_0066.jpeg

I think Volume Control also has to be set to off. Did you disable CEC on the tv?

58 minutes ago, johnt said:

I think Volume Control also has to be set to off. Did you disable CEC on the tv?

Their is not option on my tv to disable CEC I have volume control disabled.

On 3/8/2024 at 11:28 PM, JarredFeutrill said:

Their is not option on my tv to disable CEC I have volume control disabled.

The option you turned off on the AppleTV applies to the AppleTV remote controlling other devices. If you're using ARC to send audio to your soundbar, that could be why you can't turn off CEC. ARC doesn't rely on CEC and it's dependent on the manufacturer/device as to having independent control of ARC/CEC, but that could explain why you can't turn off CEC. Worst case, you could get this to kill the CEC from TV to AppleTV.

15 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

The option you turned off on the AppleTV applies to the AppleTV remote controlling other devices. If you're using ARC to send audio to your soundbar, that could be why you can't turn off CEC. ARC doesn't rely on CEC and it's dependent on the manufacturer/device as to having independent control of ARC/CEC, but that could explain why you can't turn off CEC. Worst case, you could get this to kill the CEC from TV to AppleTV.

I am using digital optical from the tv to the soundblaster x4 to the soundbar not HDMI arc.

12 hours ago, JarredFeutrill said:

I am using digital optical from the tv to the soundblaster x4 to the soundbar not HDMI arc.

In that case, if there is an option to turn of ARC try that and see if that kills the CEC as well