Any obvious pros and cons of upgrading to Win 11 from Win 10?

BaidDSB

If you have 12/13/14th gen with E Cores, the improved scheduler helps a bit. If you're using an HDR monitor, Windows 11 handles that much better than 10 does. 

Otherwise, it's just UI differences and personal preference. Whether you like the new UI or not would classify whether it's a pro or a con, and realistically unless you fall into one of the two above categories (admittedly a rather small subset of people), I'd make your decision exclusively based off the UI. 

* Will be supported for longer

* Better for HDR monitors

* Design (subjective) 

* Better for intel with E-cores.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Given the rather low adoption rate of Windows 11, there's a half decent chance that Microsoft will just end up extending support for Windows 10 indefinitely, similar to how Windows 7 went when 8 attempted to replace it. They might still end support for Windows 10 earlier than they do 11, but I wouldn't call it guaranteed. 

8 hours ago, Mihle said:

* Better for HDR monitors

* Design (subjective) 

* Better for intel with E-cores.

8 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you have 12/13/14th gen with E Cores, the improved scheduler helps a bit. If you're using an HDR monitor, Windows 11 handles that much better than 10 does. 

Otherwise, it's just UI differences and personal preference. Whether you like the new UI or not would classify whether it's a pro or a con, and realistically unless you fall into one of the two above categories (admittedly a rather small subset of people), I'd make your decision exclusively based off the UI. 

im on a 5600x

i kinda do like the UI. but since its on a VM, i couldnt test much yet

On 3/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, RONOTHAN## said:

Even if you don't like what windows 11 default ui looks like, you can just get a skin that makes it look like the windows 10 ui. I myself gave had it like that for years

On 3/12/2024 at 12:06 PM, TR094 said:

Even if you don't like what windows 11 default ui looks like, you can just get a skin that makes it look like the windows 10 ui. I myself gave had it like that for years

any recommendations?