Chrome Download speeds too slow

Tech Reprise

My downloads on Chrome are too slow.

I previously used Free Download Manager but after some recent news about it's Linux distribution servers being compromised I removed it as there is no saying when the window's ones will be compromised too.

Since then I use Chrome but I get awfully low download speeds. I turned on Parallel Downloads in Chrome Flags but it didn't solve the issue. 
With the Download Manager I get 30-31 MB/s average but with Chrome it dips down below 10MB/s. This happens for 90% of the downloads on Chrome. Is there any hidden settings apart from Parallel Downloads to solve this issue? 

My Internet is a healthy 250Mbps connection. Steam, Origin etc gives full download speed.

image.png.b3064a4bb7ebc1fea789506f17ba3967.png

image.png.6a6b071a2decd5d109858cffe1cfe990.png

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

59 minutes ago, Tech Reprise said:

My Internet is a healthy 250Mbps connection. Steam, Origin etc gives full download speed.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. Turn off as many extensions that you don't need. Add them back one by one to see if any is to blame.

Have you tried replicating this behaviour on another browser?

When you run speed tests, the latency results (unloaded and loaded) are just as important. What do you see on "show more info"?

BTW, not every server you're downloading from has the capacity to upload to you at your maximum throughput. This can be due to many reasons that are out of your control, such as capped connection limits at the server, server overload, network congestion at some point along the path, etc.