Upgrade from 7950x to 7800x3D now? or wait for next gen?

Hey guys, been using 7950x basically since launch, main reason of choice was good price, it was extremely discounted during Christmas + it had highest clocks out of all zen 4. I purely play warzone, had rtx 3080 and recently upgraded to 7900 xtx, however even though i tuned 6000mhz cl30 ram and undervolted cpu, turned off HT, because it improves frames, it still like 30% weaker in warzone compared to 7800x3D and in some other tittles where 3D vcache matters a lot. I can still sell 7950x and it won't be huge loss since 7800x3D got extremely cheapper aswell. Should i pull a trigger or should i wait for end of year for zen 5 ? Your thoughts, yeah i know it's not like 7950x is bad cpu, but it's really barely on par with intel 12th even with all that tuning 

19 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

Hey guys, been using 7950x basically since launch, main reason of choice was good price, it was extremely discounted during Christmas + it had highest clocks out of all zen 4. I purely play warzone, had rtx 3080 and recently upgraded to 7900 xtx, however even though i tuned 6000mhz cl30 ram and undervolted cpu, turned off HT, because it improves frames, it still like 30% weaker in warzone compared to 7800x3D and in some other tittles where 3D vcache matters a lot. I can still sell 7950x and it won't be huge loss since 7800x3D got extremely cheapper aswell. Should i pull a trigger or should i wait for end of year for zen 5 ? Your thoughts, yeah i know it's not like 7950x is bad cpu, but it's really barely on par with intel 12th even with all that tuning 

It depends. If you want it now and have the budget for it, go for it. If you can/want to wait, nobody knows how zen 5 will perform in games that can use the 3D cache well, so it might as well be the 7800X3D ahead again. The 7800X3D processors was released half a year after the initial 7000 series launch, but that will be extra wait. 

Do you do anything else besides gaming? Because 7950x as a gaming cpu makes absolutely 0 sense, no matter its price being "cheaper".

Did  you not listen to the people saying how much of a bad idea it was to choose the 7950x over the 7800x3D for gaming?

At this point id wait, 7950x is more then enough until ryzen 9000 launches if you want to sell now though and buy a 7800x3D thats up to you. Makes it much better for games but if you do other stuff that made you buy the 7950x in the first place you will be missing out.

12 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Do you do anything else besides gaming? Because 7950x as a gaming cpu makes absolutely 0 sense, no matter its price being "cheaper".

Did  you not listen to the people saying how much of a bad idea it was to choose the 7950x over the 7800x3D for gaming?

At this point id wait, 7950x is more then enough until ryzen 9000 launches if you want to sell now though and buy a 7800x3D thats up to you. Makes it much better for games but if you do other stuff that made you buy the 7950x in the first place you will be missing out.

as i said i bought 7950x for 499$ basically at launch, x3D didn't exist for another half a year. And i had no idea how long it would take for AMD release that at the moment

18 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

How many frames are you getting now? What are the 1% like? In my opinion, unless you have having issues, swapping with the same gen is silly. Wait it out.