Is it my GPU or what

Hi forum, I have a question. Is it my GPU or something else that causes the textures in all fps games to load fully after like 1-2 minutes after I am loaded into the game. My specs is: CPU: i7-6700k mobo: Asus ROG strix z270h ram: 2x4gb 2133mhz GPU: Asus dual 6600 xt oc SSD: adata 8200 xpg pro HDD: sata3 5400rpm 2.5 750gb PSU: Corsair tx850m CPU cooler: Corsair h100x elite rgb 

That sounds like an CPU related issue. But I would strongly recommend you to sell the two 6600xt's and buy a stronger GPU, cross fire is basically dead by now

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sanedish said:

That sounds like an CPU related issue. But I would strongly recommend you to sell the two 6600xt's and buy a stronger GPU, cross fire is basically dead by now

I only have 1 6600 xt

Edited by Snowwolfboi

1 minute ago, Snowwolfboi said:

I only have 1

Oh yeah, mb. I thought you had 2 because of the "dual".

Anyways, did the issues appear recently or where always there?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Just now, Sanedish said:

It have been there for 3-5 months now 

15 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

It have been there for 3-5 months now 

Maybe check your system temps? 

Just to be sure, what are the specific games we are talking about here and on what resolution are you gaming at? Which storage are those games installed in? Lastly, on idle and while games are running, how much ram is being utilized?

1 hour ago, Snowwolfboi said:

Hi forum, I have a question. Is it my GPU or something else that causes the textures in all fps games to load fully after like 1-2 minutes after I am loaded into the game. My specs is: CPU: i7-6700k mobo: Asus ROG strix z270h ram: 2x4gb 2133mhz GPU: Asus dual 6600 xt oc SSD: adata 8200 xpg pro HDD: sata3 5400rpm 2.5 750gb PSU: Corsair tx850m CPU cooler: Corsair h100x elite rgb 

Id wager this is probably a RAM issue as itll need to load the files in real time with nothing being buffered as it quite simply doesnt have the space, as others have said, what games are you playing and whats your RAM utilisation when this under load. Also what resolution are you playing at, im going to assume 1080p from the specs, but do you usually play on low, medium high, ultra etc?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

58 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Id wager this is probably a RAM issue as itll need to load the files in real time with nothing being buffered as it quite simply doesnt have the space, as others have said, what games are you playing and whats your RAM utilisation when this under load. Also what resolution are you playing at, im going to assume 1080p from the specs, but do you usually play on low, medium high, ultra etc?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Win 10/11 that's has been used for a while already and has a lot of things installed would likely have 4-6gb of ram usage on idle. So at best the pc would only have 4gb of ram to work with. Then, it's also possible that he's playing a fairly modern fps games and are installed on his hdd. It would depend on his answers for the initial troubleshooting steps.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:13 AM, Sanedish said:

Maybe check your system temps? 

The temps are looking fine 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:48 PM, Snowwolfboi said:

No, you probably have slow HDD (assuming that HDD is storing your games).

Happened to me for Skyrim, though after switching to SATA SSD, that problem goes away.

Other notes:

Dump that dual 6600 XT for a single 4060. Multi-GPU is pretty much dead for games (not sure about other stuff).

Pretty sure you can get 2x8GB DDR4, even the slowest one, used for cheap. I wouldn't recommend buying new DDR4, since most of them are catered for Coffee Lake and newer (their JEDEC based is 2.4 or 2.666 GHz). Skylake pretty much support 2.133 GHz. AFAIK, Corsair is the only one that their DDR4 JEDEC base is 2.133 GHz.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 6:02 PM, AlfaProto said:

No, you probably have slow HDD (assuming that HDD is storing your games).

Happened to me for Skyrim, though after switching to SATA SSD, that problem goes away.

Other notes:

Dump that dual 6600 XT for a single 4060. Multi-GPU is pretty much dead for games (not sure about other stuff).

Pretty sure you can get 2x8GB DDR4, even the slowest one, used for cheap. I wouldn't recommend buying new DDR4, since most of them are catered for Coffee Lake and newer (their JEDEC based is 2.4 or 2.666 GHz). Skylake pretty much support 2.133 GHz. AFAIK, Corsair is the only one that their DDR4 JEDEC base is 2.133 GHz.

I am running a single Asus dual rx 6600xt the dual in its name is because its dual fan model 

On 3/1/2024 at 7:56 AM, Sanedish said:

The dual in its name is amount of fans it has

4 hours ago, Snowwolfboi said:

The dual in its name is amount of fans it has

I know that

18 hours ago, Snowwolfboi said:

I am running a single Asus dual rx 6600xt the dual in its name is because its dual fan model 

Ah, my bad, I thought you were running two of them