So lost on which PSU to get for my unRAID server

I'm in the process of buying parts for my unRAID build which will run Plex. This is my build.

It's my first time building a PC and all is straightforward to me except choosing the PSU. I need help finding the right one that will support at least 8 SATA HDDs for expandability. Such a system doesn't require more than 500w-550w. What confuses me is the SATA power connector having multiple connectors on it. I think this is called daisy chaining and I'm wondering if there will be sufficient amount of power to connect say 4 drives on one strip. Wouldn't I need 1 strip per HDD? I don't think such a power supply exists.   

I don't really know how to express my concern in a different way but in a nutshell, I have no clue what I'm doing when selecting the right PSU and I need some help choosing one that will be able to power all my components (1 HDD for now in my build but expanding slowly to 8 or more drives through time).

On PcPartPicker I was selecting the filter for the number of SATA connectors I need, at least 8 connectors. Not sure if that's the correct approach.

i've run 5 hard drives, 6 SSD's, and an add-in card with sata power (usb card) off a single cable. it's fine.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can use all the sata ports on one cable. Thats what there there for. 

Great! For non modular PSUs, that's pretty straightforward as I would have to filter by number of SATA connectors I want and that'll be what's included pre attached. For a modular PSU though, what would I be looking for? Any specific requirements on the number of 6 pin SATA connectors on the PSU?

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

i've run 5 hard drives, 6 SSD's, and an add-in card with sata power (usb card) off a single cable. it's fine.

What's your PSU model? I assume you went modular?

5 hours ago, Jake09 said:

What's your PSU model? I assume you went modular?

i went modular because half the cables in before mentioned system are custom length (being two 8-pins and 24-pin of less than 10cm that's a lot of cabling saved...)

seasonic prime platinum something.