Yuzu being sued by Nintendo

Go to solution Solved by PenguinNexus,

Thanks LTT for talking about this on the WAN show, much appreciated ❤️ 

I know, but I have been screwed personally by Nintendo many times. I cancelled my Nintendo switch online and I confirmed that it was with Nintendo, but 1 year later, I found out that they started charging me again and my credit card company contacted me about this and told me, as i had informed them that i cancelled it and confirmed this with nintendo. I then contacted Nintendo about it and they said that i never cancelled it, I have an email proving the cancellation completion happened and was confirmed. They refused to refund me and I have not dealt with them ever since. And yes, ill chill. My bad. Im just not happy.

IT's not gonna matter anyway. People already have the source code backed up, and all that jazz. People just gonna "bring out another emulator clone" called like Switcher or something along the lines of Mango Emulator or whatever, and nintendo aint gonna be able to do jack shit about it cause they can't prove anything. Change up a few things, and tada new emulator up and running w/o issue.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

4 minutes ago, SImoHayha said:

IT's not gonna matter anyway. People already have the source code backed up, and all that jazz. People just gonna "bring out another emulator clone" called like Switcher or something along the lines of Mango Emulator or whatever, and nintendo aint gonna be able to do jack shit about it cause they can't prove anything. Change up a few things, and tada new emulator up and running w/o issue.

Dude. I so agree with you. I think your right about Mango emulator, that will totally be a thing. But knowing Nintendo as a company with a ridiculous amount of money, they will probably try to anger more people and shut that down also and they will keep doing that over and over and over again

Also my account which i usually use is not letting me log in currently so i had to create this alt account. I have been on the forum since 2015. Under 4 different accounts. I just lost passwords when i was in middle school because i was stupid when it came to actually remembering passwords to anything other the my fortnite account at the time!!!🤣

On 2/28/2024 at 1:25 PM, TetraSky said:

Emulators have always been a grey area. I wonder what changed for Nintendo to decide to sue now...

Surely they don't use anything made by Nintendo in their emulation.

As long as Yuzu devs are not distributing it themselves, Nintendo shouldn't have a case on this...  

Officially, you have to source it from your own Switch. Yuzu is just a platform that exist. They don't distribute anything copyrighted by Nintendo.

Nintendo is basically pointing at them saying "they are enabling this". But emulators have existed for a long time and surely there has been precedents in court before (probably from Nintendo) to say it's not infringing on anything because it's not actually using anything copyrighted.

I'm guessing Nintendo lawyers are high on victory fume after suing and winning against a ROM site and a Switch hacker (Gary Bowser).

Except that is not what is happening...

Yuzu brought this upon themselves. Ask yourself, why is Yuzu specifically being targeted when other emulators aren't?

What happened was, among other things, Yuzu released a TOTK-optimized version of their emulator just a few hours after the game had officially launched, and they put that version behind a paywall.

They were also caught having their developers share pirated copies of games on their Discord channel.

I think these are bad sad news, but let's not pretend like Yuzu were saints and this is Nintendo being pure evil. There is far more nuance to the story than that, even if it is mostly Nintendo being assholes.

Yuzu absolutely did poke the hornet's nest and painted a big target on their backs. That is why they specifically are being targeted.

5 hours ago, Gpusarentintimidatingtome said:

Pardon my French, but FUCK OF NINTENDO!!!! Why are they so Anti-fun when they are a company founded on having fun with family and friends?!!

They just wont allow anybody to enjoy GOOD GAMES on HARDWARE THAT DOESNT SUCK!!! The people who spent so much work on Yuzu and citra just have to sit here and watch their work be wasted by Nintendont-have-fun! Nintendo is the worst of the 3 gaming consol/software companies. My list is: Xbox, Playstation, and (lower than EA now) Nintendo!! I want to go on and on about Nintendo, but i might just get sued😡(Nintendo!!!!!!!!!) You know whats funny is that Nintendo never discounted WiiU virtual purchases or 3ds purchaces of games when they were about to close the eshops for thoe systems? Nintendos website should say:

Nintendo

"The greedy company that is all about suing people who try to make enjoying switch games better by using hardware we don't! We are the people you HATE TO LOVE. Disagree with us, well ruin your fun!!😀"

Also I would love to hear your opinion @LinusTech!! Dont know if u can tell but im heated. Also all games i played on Yuzu, I bought from Best buy or Amazon in physical copies. I have a whole shelf to prove that i own all these overpriced games that run on crappy hardware. Also keep on doing what u do Linus, You are awespme. 

Merged to existing thread. Please avoid strong language in the future.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Learn not to like Nintendo games... I am glad I never like their games.

o7 Yuzu

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villian."

Yuzu died a hero of sorts, and Nintendo has become the villian.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

What happened was, among other things, Yuzu released a TOTK-optimized version of their emulator just a few hours after the game had officially launched, and they put that version behind a paywall.

yeah... i mean 80 million dollars in monetary worth of pirated copies of a game not even released yet is going a bit too far for people on both sides of the copy-right/copy-left debate

Sudo make me a sandwich 

19 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Merged to existing thread. Please avoid strong language in the future.

Sorry. I will not do that again in the future.

21 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Except that is not what is happening...

Yuzu brought this upon themselves. Ask yourself, why is Yuzu specifically being targeted when other emulators aren't?

They were also caught having their developers share pirated copies of games on their Discord channel.

I think these are bad sad news, but let's not pretend like Yuzu were saints and this is Nintendo being pure evil. There is far more nuance to the story than that, even if it is mostly Nintendo being assholes.

Yuzu absolutely did poke the hornet's nest and painted a big target on their backs. That is why they specifically are being targeted.

WOW!! I am sorry I did not know this part of the story. I was told this by someone I knew who worked at Yuzu. Now this makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Seriously, thank you.