Does anyone know how to get a FairPhone in Canada?

ReidOnly

I'm really eager to get a few Fairphones for the family, but considering the import fees and their general pricing, it seems like it's going to be tough. We just want basic phones with removable batteries, and we all agreed on getting some. Any ideas on how we can snag them at cheaper prices? Paying premium for what seems like a cheaply made phone doesn't sit well with me.

馃敡 Project: DIVINITY 馃敡

[Parts List Updated]

鈿欙笍 Currently on a mission: Full-time 12-hour shifts 鈿欙笍

馃晵 Patience is a virtue! Your response is in the works. 馃晵

Do they have them on eBay? I may be wrong but I don't think you have to pay import fees when ordering on eBay. At least I've purchased things from Canada or overseas and had them shipped to me in the U.S. and haven't had to.

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |

TBH, depending on the import duties and number of phones, you might be able to justify a cheap round trip to europe and bring them back. Might be technically smuggling though.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig聽 |聽 1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers聽 |聽 200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

If you just want a removable battery, try looking at Nokia (HMD) they have e few models with removable battery.

I do not know if any of their models are worth using, as i have not owned one.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:07 PM, ReidOnly said:

I'm really eager to get a few Fairphones for the family, but considering the import fees and their general pricing, it seems like it's going to be tough. We just want basic phones with removable batteries, and we all agreed on getting some. Any ideas on how we can snag them at cheaper prices? Paying premium for what seems like a cheaply made phone doesn't sit well with me.

It's not really a wise investment, especially given what I've seen with reviews. I'd rather pour money into phones that don't necessarily have removable batteries, but are relatively easy to service yourself. You might want to look at the Pixel 7a; iFixit sells official parts and tools for it, and it's still a good phone for the money. Just be aware that the Pixel 8a might arrive two to three months from now.