TWO Corsair RM1000e being returned! Help!? Audio issues.

Hi,

The TLDR of this is:

I have TWO brand new Corsair RM1000e PSU's, both of them cause horrendous audio distortion yet very low volume on my old Z170A with 6700K. Reverting to a 650w Corsair fixes the issue EVERY single time. And the weird bit? It (They/Both PSU's!) do the exact same on another (Same model/BIOS etc) MOBO!

---------------------------------

The small (Very, very weird!) story and the setup built in 2015/16?:

• CPU: Intel 6700K.

• GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X.

• >>> PSU: ANTEC EDGE 650W.

• MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming M7.

• RAM: 32GB G-Skill.

From when I built it, until a few months ago? All was well, but I got an itch to upgrade the GTX 1080. I bought a 3080TI for decent money and thought...I better think about a PSU upgrade, everything was ruinning great for now.

Then while live streaming and going on a smoke break, I turned around to see the whole PC was completely black. Wouldn't turn on, completely dead.

The PSU looked to have died, (Man, I loved that ANTEC PSU) Wasn't giving any sign of power to MOBO. Fearing the worst, I wondered if it had taken anything with it. I promptly ordered a new PSU.

The Corsair RM1000e.

While waiting for it to arrive, I quickly hooked up a spare corsair 650w and tested that everything was alright. Thankfully I was soon watching vids, streams, all the usual. No probs. Just no gaming.

The RM1000e turned up. Fitted it.

Erm...Every 3.5mm audio out jack sounded horrendous. Horrendously distorted but very, very low volume.

Tried different headphones (Inc new pair), different cables. Drivers, man...the damn realtek drivers. Nothing fixes the massive distortion inc on the front headphone jack.

The optical out, bluetooth, and the HDMI out audio all sound perfect.

I threw the 650w PSU back in, guess what. No audio issues. Back to the RM1000e, audio issues.

I requested a replacement. It arrived. Guess what?

Exactly...the same issue. I now have two of them here, and both are causing this issue and I'm completely baffled. I have had the 650w IN/OUT/IN/OUT and it replicates the issue/fixes the issue every time.

I then presumed it must be the MOBO. Found one used on ebay at £80 quid.

It arrived today.

Guess what. Yep. Having gone through the nightmare of having my PC in bits all over the house, parts everywhere...I now have a second motherboard, exactly the same model and...Yes.

The issue is exactly the same! I'm so tired and confused.

EDIT: Not only that, but upon plugging in mouse and keyboard, BOTH got stuck in the second MOBO. I've had this in the past with a cheap case USB port. I got one out with slipping an x-acto knife down the side, but the oither...had to break the little metal tabe off. Brilliant, £80 quid old useless MOBO an the problem still persists! 😞

I have been running at bare bones to eliminate things. Simply providing CPU power, GPU power, MOBO power. A single NVME with win10. On the second/same model MOBO, I had to screenshot all my original MOBO's BIOS, copied them to a damn USB stick, stuck em on a tablet, while throwing my CPU in second MOBOa, and then copying EVERY setting except...overclocks.

Tried two different GPU's (GTX 1080/3080TI), two exact same motherboards, two brand new RM1000e power supplies. And both are causing the same issue.

I am on the machine right now, using the 650w PSU but I won't risk any gaming. The audio on every output is perfect, crisp, clear and loud with this 650w unit, but of course...it's not enough to comfortably run everything.

Can anybody please, please suggest what the hell's going on? I've been at this for days now. 😞

Why is the RM1000e seemingly incompatible with my setup? In fact, even a second Motherboard with different RAM, different GPU's etc etc.

Is it a faulty batch? A batch of bad earths/ground? There's something that's not right 😕

Corsair-RM1000e.jpg

Have you tried a ground loop insulator? I use to have distortion and buzzing in my speakers and headphones until I added a ground loop isolator. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019393MV2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card