Pixel 6PRo phone case that has magsafe built in and screen protector

Lurking

I'm trying out this magnetic phone holder  with wireless charger in my car. My current case is rugged and has screen protector, but is not magnetic. So I want a new case that has the magnet ring built in. But I only can find cases like this WITHOUT screen protector. I'm actually surprised there are so many cases without screenprotector. IMHO, the screen is the most vulnerable thing and most annoying if it breaks (unlike the back glass, for example)

Is there a good rugged case with magnet AND good screen protector for the Pixel 6Pro? 

Can I buy a separate screenprotector and use in the above case? I'm not a big fan of just gluing one of the magnet rings to a case. 

I'm not sure if a plastic film or tampered glass screen really is held by the above case. They all seem to be designed to be used without a case. I don't want to have a solution where the screen protector comes off. 

I want to have a most sleek and safe solution (not some riggidy hacked solution). 

My other alternative is to use a PRoClip system. But this would be proprietary to my current car and would only be wired. I would like to give the wireless a chance first since that is easier to use and makes sure the phone charges ALL the time. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Lurking said:

but is not magnetic.

Just stick on a magnet? Like the peel and stick ones are easy to remove later.

3 minutes ago, Lurking said:

without screenprotector.

because most people just stick a screen protector on. Having a case with a buitl in screen protector is very very niche.

Just buy a random set of glass screen protectors and call it a day. They are basically all the same anyway so just get a cheap one.

5 minutes ago, Lurking said:

I'm actually surprised there are so many cases without screenprotector. IMHO, the screen is the most vulnerable thing and most annoying if it breaks (unlike the back glass, for example)

Well, put it this way, the screen protector is a sacrificial piece. If you break the protector that's built into the case, what do you do then? Buy a new case cause you aren't going to find any replacements. 

So as long as the case (without a screen protector) is well made and the sides are higher than the display, your glass screen protector would work just as well. If anything, better since you won't have an air gap for dust and debris to accumulate.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

23 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just stick on a magnet? Like the peel and stick ones are easy to remove later.

because most people just stick a screen protector on. Having a case with a buitl in screen protector is very very niche.

Just buy a random set of glass screen protectors and call it a day. They are basically all the same anyway so just get a cheap one.

My current case (link above) has a built in collapsible kickstand where the coils are. So a glued magnet wouldn't have a smooth surface to adhere to. So I need a new case with smooth back either way.

i actually have the above linked magnetic case here. I bought it not realizing it doesn't have a screen protector and can return it. But if i can add this screen protector, I may be good. They aren't officially made for added to cases. But it being a film that self-adheres, may make it work? There also are tempered glass screen protectors. those seem to rely on a thin plastic frame. But that may interfere with a case? Which would be more suitable to add to a screen-less case? 

As for breaking the screen protector, this isn't my main concern. If it brakes, it saved my phone and i happily buy a new case or just a new screen protector. My current screen protector is just plastic, so i don't see it breaking. but now I'm not sure if a tampered glass protector is better in protecting the screen? 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

17 minutes ago, Lurking said:

My current case (link above) has a built in collapsible kickstand where the coils are. So a glued magnet wouldn't have a smooth surface to adhere to. So I need a new case with smooth back either way.

i actually have the above linked magnetic case here. I bought it not realizing it doesn't have a screen protector and can return it. But if i can add this screen protector, I may be good. They aren't officially made for added to cases. But it being a film that self-adheres, may make it work? There also are tempered glass screen protectors. those seem to rely on a thin plastic frame. But that may interfere with a case? Which would be more suitable to add to a screen-less case? 

As for breaking the screen protector, this isn't my main concern. If it brakes, it saved my phone and i happily buy a new case or just a new screen protector. My current screen protector is just plastic, so i don't see it breaking. but now I'm not sure if a tampered glass protector is better in protecting the screen? 

https://www.amazon.com/Corefyco-Direct-Pixel-Pro-Protector/dp/B0CQCFPTCR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3VLP5LJ502MUT&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.hkjzCHXwx2XhPJwwh8G-thCw5EUb60_dn3loralAv2g_oXjHBhreSUA4fKeIYyqnryJebVFAGAe68VI4THfbQuQ56YIhfR3n45G8J8ldhcCXGkaZK2QMhKISYfSHftOFs5-Eek4ZA2kymbyvVf01ssGKQjYg2gMtw9J1Ac14ph6v8_zWvSU6kEdgzRPgGBpYPCKOwFa1xgpYDA5mxsYod6QSoC82OsmSjo9k52qboh8.FsRp1ZlHCCW_CxI3pxZMLdg6EXZHG0bnqrvNoHYXRpg&dib_tag=se&keywords=pixel+6+pro+screen+protector+glass&qid=1708814599&sprefix=pixel+6+pro+screen+protector+gla%2Caps%2C355&sr=8-3

Get the glass ones the plastic screen protectors just scratch and become a mess. Do very little protecting really from a fall.

Literally anything will work basically for a screen protector and normal case.

Also tempered glass shatters on a hard impact dispersing the energy by breaking. The plastic ones just kinda simply don't do that and just dent and let the energy mostly into the screen which is not what you want.

So i got one of those tampered glass protectors. But they all have a sticky sticker where the fingerprint sensor is. that will be visible when the phone is off or under certain screen conditions (liek white background behind the sticker)

i tried to remove one, but broke the glass. 

I remember my original case with plastic screen protector also had that sticker and i was able to take it off (since plastic doesn't break...). it looks like most if not all screen protectors have that

Am I missing something here? Why do they do that? Is there some benefit to that? 

When i turn on my phone, the fingerprint sensor illuminates and shows a bright fingerprint. i don't need some dirty looking sticker. and without turning the phone on (screen off), the sensor isn't active. It looks especially bad with the screen off. 

Short of using a plastic film protector, how do i get this off without leaving dirt? Teh screens come with a protective film. But if I use tools/solvent to remove the sticker, it isn't pristine anymore (even if I manage to not crack the glass). 

Edit: I assumed that I have to re-program my fingerprints again. But now with that stupid sticker the phone can't do that anymore despite multiple trials. Finger print sensor had worked flawlessly with the old screensaver 

image.png.0d1e95155883f0bc8d979ef84fb319f3.png

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

I got the "plastic film"screen protector. Good news is that fingerprint sensor works flawlessly.

The bad news is that yes it really is thin and won't offer much protection. And when the screen is off, it shows all finger prints. 

But I looked and looked for tempered glass screen protectors and all the ones I saw on amazon either show that sticker, and/or don't mention anything about fingerprint sensor compatibility. Many of them also show reviews mentioning fingerprint sensor not working. I'm not even sure if that stupid sticker is responsible for the sensor not working, or the type of glass. 

I tried to remove the sticker from the glass but it is extremely sticky and the glass gets destroyed. So, I really need one without sticker. Maybe I'm missing the big genius idea behind that sticker... but i really don't see why anyone would want to see it all the time and it can't be good for fingerprint reader function. 

is there a tempered glass screen protector for the Pixel 6 Pro that:

- doesn't have a sticker where the fingerprint sensor is

- is rated for fingerprint sensor to work. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro