U7 Pro can't do 2.5GbE??

Ceml

Hello, I have advertised 8500/1000 speeds with fiber coming to my Nokia 10G Ont+ box, after that it's plugged to sfp 10G udm pro se, after that from 2.5gbe port to trendnet 2.5gbe poe+ injector to my u7 pro. 

With galaxy s24 iam getting max 2002Mbps download 1586Mbps upload, on my pc I can get 7000Mbps 7200Mbps range download, my s24 ultra running on 320mhz wifi 7 6ghz, what can cause it not getting 2500Mbps speeds? Maybe client devices? There's is 2 15 pro max also in house. THANK YOU

Screenshot_20240224_014920_WiFiman.png

Screenshot_20240224_014325_WiFiman.png

Isn't a 160 mhz channel limited to 1.2Gb/sec per stream?

image.png.f7154c159266d4ea87437c709b9de714.png

You might also want to move to a different channel that doesn't have as much interference.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Isn't a 160 mhz channel limited to 1.2Gb/sec per stream?

image.png.f7154c159266d4ea87437c709b9de714.png

You might also want to move to a different channel that doesn't have as much interference.

Channel health says excellent 1 seconds later poor for every channel, idk which channel to use, also I typed wrong, 2002mbps test was on 320mhz. 

1 hour ago, Ceml said:

Channel health says excellent 1 seconds later poor for every channel, idk which channel to use, also I typed wrong, 2002mbps test was on 320mhz. 

Set the channel selection to ‘AUTO’. UniFi will select the best channel based on it’s survey scans.

Please remember that the U7-Pro can only do 2x2 on the 6GHz antenna. While the wider channel widths afforded by 6GHz can help improve bandwidth compared to 5GHz, this is going to be far less than a 4x4 or 16x16 stream configuration. I don’t think the S24 Ultra would have antennae for greater than 2x2 streams anyway, or else it would have battery drain issues. Furthermore, because the U7-Pro is limited by a 2x2 stream on 6GHz, any other device connected on 6GHz will have to share bandwidth with your S24 Ultra.

Your speeds seem to be consistent with what is observed in real-world scenarios with the U7-Pro. Remember, WiFi still runs at half-duplex speeds, plus you have various overheads to account for.

22 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Set the channel selection to ‘AUTO’. UniFi will select the best channel based on it’s survey scans.

Please remember that the U7-Pro can only do 2x2 on the 6GHz antenna. While the wider channel widths afforded by 6GHz can help improve bandwidth compared to 5GHz, this is going to be far less than a 4x4 or 16x16 stream configuration. I don’t think the S24 Ultra would have antennae for greater than 2x2 streams anyway, or else it would have battery drain issues. Furthermore, because the U7-Pro is limited by a 2x2 stream on 6GHz, any other device connected on 6GHz will have to share bandwidth with your S24 Ultra.

Your speeds seem to be consistent with what is observed in real-world scenarios with the U7-Pro. Remember, WiFi still runs at half-duplex speeds, plus you have various overheads to account for.

Its not at all simple on WiFi 7 as if it working properly it shouldn't be on a single channel, it should be spreading upstream/downstream across bands.  I did wonder if phone implementations might limit this to save battery.

However the more important point here is, why would you need 2.5Gbit on a phone?  The only time I ever max out my phone is backing up the photos to my NAS directly, cloud services all throttle well below Gigabit.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

However the more important point here is, why would you need 2.5Gbit on a phone?

This…

If you are getting over 2gigabit to a WiFi device, you are doing fantastic. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

3 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its not at all simple on WiFi 7 as if it working properly it shouldn't be on a single channel, it should be spreading upstream/downstream across bands.  I did wonder if phone implementations might limit this to save battery.

You mean MLO? Last I heard, MLO wasn't yet implemented on the U7-Pro, but should be in a future firmware update.

1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

This...

I agree.

Many are misled by specifications leading to high expectations.

9 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

However the more important point here is, why would you need 2.5Gbit on a phone?  The only time I ever max out my phone is backing up the photos to my NAS directly, cloud services all throttle well below Gigabit.

Phone is always warm in 6ghz, when using + charging it runs hot like iam in a game, also iam backing my photos on my synology ds923+ and its connected with 2.5gbe adapter via usb to 2.5gbe udm se lan/wan port, it has raid 0 with 2 Samsung nvmes and 4 20tb exos drives.

6 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

You mean MLO? Last I heard, MLO wasn't yet implemented on the U7-Pro, but should be in a future firmware update.

I agree.

Is MLO using all bands together, like eero max but limited to 1 device ?

On 2/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, Falcon1986 said:

I agree.

What a surprise, Ubiquiti releasing Alpha level retail firmware again.  Its one reason after getting their nanoHD I vowed to not touch them again.

Selling a device as WiFi 7 without MLO certified as working is a con, given MLO + Multi-RU is where most of the improvements over WiFi 6e are.

So 160Mhz channel width combined with no MLO would explain why its basically doing only slightly better than WiFi 6e performance.

Also from my own experience, mixing different WiFi versions on the same channel can dramatically reduce speeds.  I use my old nanoHD (running OpenWRT) for legacy devices, keeping my WiFi 6 AP for only WiFi 6 clients.  I'd imagine this may be even more key to getting WiFi 7 to work at its best.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

23 hours ago, Ceml said:

Is MLO using all bands together

Yes.

It’s one of the big advancements in WiFi coming to WiFi 7.

While manufacturers have taken to releasing “WiFi 7” routers and APs at this time, the standard still needs to be finalized. It should be close to an end, so likely why manufacturers are trying to stay ahead of each other and capitalize on early adopter sales.

With the way Ubiquiti operates, I wouldn’t be surprised if the feature gets activated soon or isn’t already active in ‘early access’ firmware.

20 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

So 160Mhz channel width combined with no MLO would explain why its basically doing only slightly better than WiFi 6e performance.

I’m impressed with the speeds as it is now. Things look promising if MLO is made active.

Personally, I wouldn’t go for the U7-Pro until I see what their other WiFi 7 lineup looks like. For high density and higher throughput, their LR and Enterprise sub-models tend to perform better on paper. The Lite sub-model can sometimes hit the sweet spot of price to performance for home applications.

12 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

I’m impressed with the speeds as it is now. Things look promising if MLO is made active.

Personally, I wouldn’t go for the U7-Pro until I see what their other WiFi 7 lineup looks like. For high density and higher throughput, their LR and Enterprise sub-models tend to perform better on paper. The Lite sub-model can sometimes hit the sweet spot of price to performance for home applications.

I can get 1.6Gbit on WiFi 6 160Mhz on my Steam Deck OLED, problem is there is absolutely no real-world use for it as Steam is CPU bound so only ever reaches around 600Mbit anyway.  I seem to be lucky in that due to using an enterprise AP, I never had WiFi speed problems on the LCD Steam Deck (though did have the issue of it not always auto-reconnecting after sleep) so the OLED performs identically in the real world.

Ultimately going for WiFi 7 now can at best be considered Beta firmware, its effectively early access until ratified.