Daisy chaining

Gege-Brazorf
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
On 2/23/2024 at 7:33 AM, Gege-Brazorf said:

Since it won’t work I feel kinda bad, thank you for trying to help me, thank you.

Is there anyway two connect two monitors except trought mst ?

Yes, you can plug each one into a separate DisplayPort output on the graphics card.

I have this problem I am trying to connect two different monitors a pa278cv and gigabyte m27q I tried every possible combination but it doesn’t work, there is anyone that had this problem before ? Could you please help me? I am missing something? 

thank you in advance 

image.jpg

image.jpg

What are you connecting to what ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

31 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

What are you connecting to what ?

Honestly i would check windows settings I remember mine defaulting to show on 2 monitors and wouldn't do 3. (windows 10)

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

I am connecting my pc through display port pa278cv and that trough display port mst monitor gigabyte

1 hour ago, Hellowpplz said:

Honestly i would check windows settings I remember mine defaulting to show on 2 monitors and wouldn't do 3. (windows 10)

@PDifolco more like making sure whether OP trying to connect TWO monitors together using a display cable or not.

😬

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

It checked the drivers and frequency but my pc doesn’t find a second monitor 

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

@PDifolco more like making sure whether OP trying to connect TWO monitors together using a display cable or not.

😬

Or maybe connecting one monitor to another with  no PC ? 😄

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, Gege-Brazorf said:

It checked the drivers and frequency but my pc doesn’t find a second monitor 

You connect both monitor to PC, there is no need of a cable going from one monitor to the other.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Amd 7800 xt, I know there is that option too but I for work I use a MacBook so it would be a massive upgrade if I could connect them with the daisy chain system 

Just now, Gege-Brazorf said:

Amd 7800 xt, I know there is that option too but I for work I use a MacBook so it would be a massive upgrade if I could connect them with the daisy chain system 

Mac OS does not support MST.

For the PC, you may have to set some menu options in the monitor. According to the manual section 1.3.4 there may also be some limitations when you have the USB-C cable connected at the same time.

I unplugged the other cables I left just power cables and the two displayport ones but it didn’t work 

I check the manuals but I didn’t find anything useful, my worries is the mst port it doesn’t work but it’s something I can’t confirm 

Since it won’t work I feel kinda bad, thank you for trying to help me, thank you.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:33 AM, Gege-Brazorf said:

Yes, you can plug each one into a separate DisplayPort output on the graphics card.