Next best alternative instead of QD-OLED?

rekinxxxl

I was looking at the new 32inch 4K 240hz screens and I see all the videos and hype for QD-OLEDS, while Im impressed at perfomance Im still iffy about possiblity of burn-in. I tend to use my screens a lot of for productivity with static elements or when editing photos/videos. I have bad experience with OLED TVs and while 3 year burn-in protection warranty from someone like alienware is nice - my lifetime usage of monitors is at the very least 5 years. So when reports of burn ins vary so much with all kinds of people  - I really don't want to bother with warranties that might take long time / arguing, or having "to live" with it after warranty time.

So what I'm looking for are screens that have features for entertainment purposes that are at least 4K/have high refresh rate/HDR but I won't have to worry when using for productivity reasons (and are good for that too)

Are there any good alternatives - like I found  "Odyssey Neo G8" or are there better options for that?

For the most part you are looking at ips panels with local diming if you want HDR that isn't oled. Honestly though I would check out hardware unboxed or their side channel monitors unboxed as they do a ton of monitor reviews that have a ton of useful information. Also they have monitor roundup videos where they go over top picks for each type of monitor and I believe they have done many of such videos going over their top picks for HDR monitors. 

If you don't mind curved monitors, the Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is a great option.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.