Does your PC heat your home

OhYou_

when you fart your heating the house...same with carbondixside 🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

when you fart your heating the house...same with carbondixside 🤷‍♂️

i dont think my pc makes carbondioxide

I mean its nice hot box isn't it?

Turn off heating house to safe money 🤑

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

5 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

i dont think my pc makes carbondioxide

you make it thow...🤷‍♂️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

It heats the door handle right next to the back of my PC at least, feels slightly warm to the touch.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

My room is a building that we build behind the house a few years back, Not isolated or anything so my pc doesn't.

Right now with an outside temp of 6 degrees Celsius the room only hits about 10 degrees gaming. the pc stays on a max of 36 degrees at any time with these temps.

The summer however is a different story. The room gets as hot as the outside temp but the pc doesn't really ad anymore temps to the room that time of year either.

The drawback of a room like this is that in the summer the pc has to work harder to cool but nothing that has stressed me out yet. 

I do have to say i do switch coolers every year to a new AIO so everything works fine.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:56 AM, OhYou_ said:

Mine does

My folding computer heats my room by about 2-3°C over the day, then the room cools back down overnight when the computer is off and the cycle repeats.

Though I think the heating is also contributing some amount of heat, but it's only on in the morning and in the evening.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

On 2/23/2024 at 5:56 AM, OhYou_ said:

Mine does
image.thumb.png.d7a1c47402fae2c78b60ea69135185ea.png

What components are you running to pull in excess of 1200W!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

All my heating is controlled through thermosats. About half an hour after starting a game I can see my thermostats already turned the heating off, and then my PC puts out enough heat to hold the room temperature in winter. And my PC pulls 400-500W under max load. So yes, it's about the same as a small space heater.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just by the nature of it expelling heat, i dont do it intentionally.

4 hours ago, Spreadking said:

My room is a building that we build behind the house a few years back, Not isolated or anything so my pc doesn't.

Right now with an outside temp of 6 degrees Celsius the room only hits about 10 degrees gaming. the pc stays on a max of 36 degrees at any time with these temps.

The summer however is a different story. The room gets as hot as the outside temp but the pc doesn't really ad anymore temps to the room that time of year either.

The drawback of a room like this is that in the summer the pc has to work harder to cool but nothing that has stressed me out yet. 

I do have to say i do switch coolers every year to a new AIO so everything works fine.

Insulation will help solve both problems. If you have attic space above you, adding at least an R30 worth of insulation to the ceiling will help keep heat from radiating down. (Also make sure the attic is properly vented, which will help keep it from getting too much hotter than the outside air.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Insulation will help solve both problems. If you have attic space above you, adding at least an R30 worth of insulation to the ceiling will help keep heat from radiating down. (Also make sure the attic is properly vented, which will help keep it from getting too much hotter than the outside air.)

I know but it's a rental property and the building i sleep in was never intended to be used this way.

We are looking to move so hopefully the next place has better insulation.

5 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

What components are you running to pull in excess of 1200W!

old evga sr2 build with an excessive overclock, dual water pumps, like 7 fans, and a rtx 3090
idle no oc is about 275w idle oc is ~400

9 hours ago, Spreadking said:

Right now with an outside temp of 6 degrees Celsius the room only hits about 10 degrees gaming.

thats pretty ideal temps for me. I love the cold weather because I can wear stuff like a hoodie, fleece sweatpants, long socks, ect all indoors at my desk and be comfy.

9 hours ago, Spreadking said:

The summer

that is much less ideal

3 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

old evga sr2 build with an excessive overclock, dual water pumps, like 7 fans, and a rtx 3090
idle no oc is about 275w idle oc is ~400

thats pretty ideal temps for me. I love the cold weather because I can wear stuff like a hoodie, fleece sweatpants, long socks, ect all indoors at my desk and be comfy.

that is much less ideal

Same here the cold bothers me less than the heat does in the summer. Rn i am in comfy warm clothes but when its 30 degrees there is only so much i can do to cool off

8 minutes ago, Spreadking said:

Same here the cold bothers me less than the heat does in the summer. Rn i am in comfy warm clothes but when its 30 degrees there is only so much i can do to cool off

I dont know how much it applies to your area or situation, but a couple weeks ago I was able to find a portable air conditioner unit for almost nothing, 35usd. Winter is the perfect time to go to thrift stores and find people getting rid of stuff like that.
I need to figure out how to keep running costs down though, I'm actually tempted to take some cubicle walls from work and build a small ish cubicle which I can enclose it fully and cool just that instead of a large room

5 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

I dont know how much it applies to your area or situation, but a couple weeks ago I was able to find a portable air conditioner unit for almost nothing, 35usd. Winter is the perfect time to go to thrift stores and find people getting rid of stuff like that.
I need to figure out how to keep running costs down though, I'm actually tempted to take some cubicle walls from work and build a small ish cubicle which I can enclose it fully and cool just that instead of a large room

This is an amazing idea, i love going Thrifting although there are not many stores in my area.

It did never come up to me that i could do this for air conditoners. Right now i am using a cooler that   you add ice cubes in and it makes the wind chilly when you turn it on.

Yes. But that's bad since it's 40C+ outside already.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

Mine car warm up the office when the door is closed by a solid 2-3c over an hours or two.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5