Sennheiser pc360 vs hd598 vs hd558

I'm thinking about buying a new par of headphones/headsets and a new sound card. I think the best sound card for my budget is the Creative Sound Blaster Z (90€), but i'm not sure what headphones to buy. I've heard alot of good thing about the three headphones, but i don't know the difference between them, and science they're all about the same price (170€) ... The headphones would be mainly for gaming.  Which of them do you guys think would be the better? Btw is there a better sound card for around the same price?

P.S. I don't realy care about the mic on the pc360, i mainly care about soud and comfort.

I would recommend you getting the ASUS Xonar Essence STX(160 Euro) and Beyerdynamic DT 770 or DT 990 (150Euro). It may be over your bugdet but it is worth the money.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

If you do the foam tape mod on HD558s, they sound pretty close to HD598s. It's definitely not worth the price difference. If the 558s and 598s are actually at the same price for some reason, though, get the 598s.

I would recommend you getting the ASUS Xonar Essence STX

You do not need a Xonar Essence STX with any of the headphones he listed. If you're going for a sound card that expensive, you should have at least a pair of HD600s. You really only need a Xonar DG or DX with headphones like that.

Keep in mind whether you want open or closed heaphones. The DT 770s are closed, which will provide a different sound signature than open headphones. I can't stand closed headphones, personally. 

Ok, thx, i'm going with the hd598s, since i can't find any Beyerdynamic

headphones where i live.

The HD598 aren't a bad choice at all. They also scale well with better equipment. Next time you want to upgrade something, do look into a dedicated headphone amplifier or combined DAC/AMP, which will give you a nice quality boost.

I have an hd 598. Great choice. The pc360 are based off the hd 555 or 595 which make them great. The hd 598 are sooooooooo comfortable. I can keep them on all day. Comfort and sound quality are what it delivers

If you don't need the mic then theres no need to get the pc360 really. Good choice with the 598's.

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

I can warmly recommend the pc 360 like NEWKID said its a hd 555/595 with a nice mic (for a headset)