random speed decreases with tp-link range extender

my speed's randomly decrease with my TP Link range extender I've tried many troubleshooting steps and none of them have worked I have tried factory setting it unplugging and plugging it back in reconnecting the range extender to the network and turning on and off DHCP nothing seems to be fixing the problem someone help me please

28 minutes ago, Joshua420 said:

my speed's randomly decrease with my TP Link range extender I've tried many troubleshooting steps and none of them have worked I have tried factory setting it unplugging and plugging it back in reconnecting the range extender to the network and turning on and off DHCP nothing seems to be fixing the problem someone help me please

it depends. Is it hardwired as in it's plugged in with an internet cable Or is it just repeating a wifi signal?

If it's repeating a wifi signal, then it will be slower and speed will decrease because it will repeat the same weak signal and when it's also being in use it will continue to deteriorate further. It's better if it's hardwired.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I don't have it hard wired as like a access point I  Have it in range extender mode And something I forgot to mention is basically every other device the speeds are fine but on my Galaxy a 12 the speeds randomly crap out I've seen it get as low as 1 megabit Got any advice on what I could do To maybe fix this

1 hour ago, Joshua420 said:

I don't have it hard wired as like a access point I  Have it in range extender mode And something I forgot to mention is basically every other device the speeds are fine but on my Galaxy a 12 the speeds randomly crap out I've seen it get as low as 1 megabit Got any advice on what I could do To maybe fix this

its probably just the device. I had problems with a older galaxy phones especially the not flagship ones having terrible wifi speeds overall. It's probably just done on purpose all things considered.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT