Google Fiber teams up with Netflix

Google Fiber teams up with Netflix

Yep Google is teaming up with Netflix to take down the evil ISP's (namely comcast). Mainly they are advocating the Open Connect Program with Netflix (which puts netflix boxes in the ISP offices and connect to network directly so have a faster connection i believe) and asking the FCC to ban Fastlanes/tolls on direct connection. They are also trying to pull up the veil of bullshit that ISP's have placed over everyone's eyes and i think they are doing a pretty good job of it. The sad thing is that i don't think Google would do this if it wasn't in their best interest to do it.

Edit: 

This isn;t an edit more like an addition. Ars Technica just put up an article on this, figured id just put it here sense its a similar topic.

Why Google Fiber, unlike Comcast, gives Netflix free peering

well i was gonna write about what the article said but after skimming it i decided that its about the same stuff so i guess i'll just be another source lol. Feel free to read it and put in some of the details i excluded.

google + netflix = Netflix plus

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

The sad thing is that i don't think Google would do this if it wasn't in their best interest to do it.

It's still (supposedly) happening, be happy about that.

If nobody with power cared about Net Neutrality, there'd be nobody with any weight to swing around fighting for it.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

to be honest i dont care if google wouldnt do it if there werent something in it for them,,, to me its clear,,, they are doing it and that counts,,,

+1 for google and netflix,

whatever they get out of it dont care i rather pay 20 to google than 10 to comcast if u ask me...

PC Gaming forever...

I hope that makes them both come to Belgium faster. Netflix by the end of the year, but google fiber. =/

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I wish fiber comes to UK, I want that gigabit pipe...

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

It's still (supposedly) happening, be happy about that.

If nobody with power cared about Net Neutrality, there'd be nobody with any weight to swing around fighting for it.

This is true, plus it would be the lesser of 2 evils.......if Google was evil

to be honest i dont care if google wouldnt do it if there werent something in it for them,,, to me its clear,,, they are doing it and that counts,,,

+1 for google and netflix,

whatever they get out of it dont care i rather pay 20 to google than 10 to comcast if u ask me...

indeed sir indeed

google + netflix = Netflix plus

I have google fiber and can confirm this statement.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

All Netflix needs to do is stop paying protection money to the ISP's.

If no one participates in it, then it'll go away.

Change the lyrics from 'America' to 'Google'. And 'Terrorist' to 'Comcast'.

1358631139675.jpg