HP just gave us a $100 Quad Core tablet

Original Article

So it's not the fastest mobile processor on the planet, but it gets the job done for $100.

Other specs for the Hewlett-Packard tablet include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, 1 GB of SDRAM, 8 GB of storage (eMMC), 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, over 5 hours of battery life, a microSD slot, and a 7-inch diagonal IPS 1,024 x 600 display.

Thats absurd for the price... Affordable tech... Alas...

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

Wow, that's cheap. 

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I wish this was out a few months ago. I've scratched the crap out of and dropped my N7 qHD model from using it in the garage so often while working on my projects. Good deal though. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

inb4 overheating issues

It's 4 A7s and a Power VR SGX544MP2, this is not gonna overheat.

It's 4 A7s and a Power VR SGX544MP2, this is not gonna overheat.

Well it's HP you never know

Quote me to get a reply!

6 ppi

Its actually 169.55 PPI. Do the math dude. 

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

$100 name brand tablet (I know hp but still $100)

If I had a spare $100 id probs pick one up just screw around with try android out I'm assuming u can root a tablet?

I stopped caring once I read "1GHz Cortex A7". It will be slow as balls with that SoC, the screen is awful, the battery life is rated at 5 hours which sucks, 8GB of storage is not nearly enough, 1GB of RAM will be filled quicker than you can say "OK Google, open my favorite app" and the list of bad things just keeps going.

I wouldn't even buy it for 100 dollars.

I would. It's perfect for doing everything I need it to. I can watch twitch, read magazines, do YouTube, play some simple games, take it wherever and not care, and at a super affordable price. My current single core Android tablet from Lenovo can almost do this, it just doesn't HD at all. This tablet can do HD(YouTube and higher twitch settings) no problem.

I stopped caring once I read "1GHz Cortex A7". It will be slow as balls with that SoC, the screen is awful, the battery life is rated at 5 hours which sucks, 8GB of storage is not nearly enough, 1GB of RAM will be filled quicker than you can say "OK Google, open my favorite app" and the list of bad things just keeps going.

I wouldn't even buy it for 100 dollars.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

For $30 more i would get a moto e, it has a newer android version, better processor, more developers, and better screen although smaller.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite