Help with what to do about cooler cord in the way of ram

Bruuuh

I just bought more ram for my pc and I opened the case to install it. But as you can see in the photo below, the wires coming out of the cooler block the ram slot. I may be able to cram in the ram but I don't want to hurt my cooler. What do I do?

IPHONEpc.thumb.JPG.ec1f968afa13df8a23eaaaa8518d41ce.JPG

1 minute ago, Bruuuh said:

I just bought more ram for my pc and I opened the case to install it. But as you can see in the photo below, the wires coming out of the cooler block the ram slot. I may be able to cram in the ram but I don't want to hurt my cooler. What do I do?

Can you turn the pump a different direction so the wires dont come out on the right side?

Looks like there should be enough clearance for the RAM. If there really isn't enough room then do as Hinjima suggested and rotate the cooler so the tubes are on the other side.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On my test bench, I have the 'excess' tied down to the tubes with zip-ties.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would suggest turning the whole block so that the tubes and wires face upwards. This will prevent the accumulation of air in the block which, regardless of whether the pump is on there, is important to avoid. It'll also fix any RAM clearance issues. 

Other than that, remove the block temporarily, insert the RAM, clean the block and CPU with isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free material, and then apply new paste before remount the block. 

Edited by RevGAM
Added alternate suggestion.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂