Help my pcu is weird

Aussie_Avo

I need a power supply that’s cheep the same size as the one in the pic, that’s 500watt, is available near carlingford Sydney Aus

2 hours ago, silencer12 said:

So what's wrong with what you have?

It's weird.

Extrapolating out of incomplete data my best guess is that this is about upgrading a prebuilt computer with a better graphics card and a new PSU. I'd say it's a proprietary mobo with connectors that aren't compatible with a normal ATX unit.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

4 hours ago, silencer12 said:

So what's wrong with what you have?

I need to upgrade and the pcu is not powerful enough 

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's weird.

Extrapolating out of incomplete data my best guess is that this is about upgrading a prebuilt computer with a better graphics card and a new PSU. I'd say it's a proprietary mobo with connectors that aren't compatible with a normal ATX unit.

How about an Sfx one

also here’s a link to the one I havehttps://www.ipc-computer.eu/laptop-spare-parts/internal-power-supplies/internal-power-supplies-pcj007-70710643

In your system the case, motherboard and PSU are proprietary. You can't replace one of those items for regular ATX/SFX specified products without replacing all three. Maybe there's a more powerfull Lenovo PSU available that fits.

I guess I will upgrade all 3 I got the cash 🙂

4 hours ago, --SID-- said:

In your system the case, motherboard and PSU are proprietary. You can't replace one of those items for regular ATX/SFX specified products without replacing all three. Maybe there's a more powerfull Lenovo PSU available that fits.

But are you sure that the mother board is proprietary?

32 minutes ago, Aussie_Avo said:

As I know Lenovo, 99% sure. You have a pic of the motherboard?

1 hour ago, Aussie_Avo said:

Your power supply only has 12V output. No 5V, 3.3V, or 5VSB that a normal ATX motherboard uses. Your motherboard is definitely not standard ATX.

There might be some adapters you can find that convert a standard ATX power supply to work with the motherboard. What model Lenovo PC is it? If you search the model name + ATX PSU Adapter in places like ebay you might find somebody selling adapters.

What are the system specs? What are you upgrading? By the time you swap out the power supply, motherboard, case, and I'm guessing graphics card since you need a PSU upgrade you're basically just building a new PC. If it's an older CPU you might be better off just building a full new PC rather than investing money in to upgrading the old one.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Your only option is to get a power supply from a bigger lenovo desktop, like a Lenovo P340.
the part number is HK600-11PP, it's 500w and has gpu connectors.
its TFX 10 pin like yours, it *should* work, but i cant exactly guarantee that.

it will not physically fit inside your computer, you will have to set it outside the case. I assume this isnt an issue anyway since any gpu will also poke out the case.

9 hours ago, --SID-- said:

As I know Lenovo, 99% sure. You have a pic of the motherboard?

cant really but i can in a few days cuz i am taking it apart

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Your power supply only has 12V output. No 5V, 3.3V, or 5VSB that a normal ATX motherboard uses. Your motherboard is definitely not standard ATX.

There might be some adapters you can find that convert a standard ATX power supply to work with the motherboard. What model Lenovo PC is it? If you search the model name + ATX PSU Adapter in places like ebay you might find somebody selling adapters.

What are the system specs? What are you upgrading? By the time you swap out the power supply, motherboard, case, and I'm guessing graphics card since you need a PSU upgrade you're basically just building a new PC. If it's an older CPU you might be better off just building a full new PC rather than investing money in to upgrading the old one.

GPU 1650 super 
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

i am upgrading the gpu but since this topic started and i changed my mind i am upgrading everything except cpu and m.2 ssd

i am selling everything so i get my money back then just building a new pc yup but new i need an ok for the parts list

Cooler Master HTK-002 Thermal Compound

Cooler Master HTK-002 Thermal Compound

$10.00

then 1660 super and the i5 -10400

oh and a samsung m.2 256gb and a 500gb samsung sdd

Just now, Aussie_Avo said:

am selling everything so i get my money back then just building a new pc yup but new i need an ok for the parts list

Make a new post in New Builds & Planning section for advice on what parts for a new build. 

Probably better off selling the Lenovo PC as a complete PC and starting fresh. You probably won't find many motherboards for 10th gen processors these days unless you're buying used. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

30 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Make a new post in New Builds & Planning section for advice on what parts for a new build. 

Probably better off selling the Lenovo PC as a complete PC and starting fresh. You probably won't find many motherboards for 10th gen processors these days unless you're buying used. 

Ok