I Wanna Invest in Intel (NOT ADVICE) – Core Ultra Explained

Plouffe
4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I didn't realize I was playing that game. As you've shown, if they went with the route of using the M2, people would have just had something else to complain about saying the tests weren't fair. 

Your very next sentence shows this.

Not really, if they were worried about performance tiers they’ve had used the Pro chip because that’s the comparative chip in the stack. They just went with the option where they could try and make Apple look bad as per and market Linus’ investment 

Hey, I don't know if it's the right place to say it, but it seems that the audio quality has not been that great lately (huge peak in the 100 / 400Hz, laking past 10kHz, noisy segue, click between transition). Maybe it's youtube, Maybe it's me, but i'd like to know if i'm the only one feeling like that

1 minute ago, RabbidEwok said:

if they were worried about performance tiers they’ve had used the Pro chip because that’s the comparative chip in the stack.

They can't be worried about pricing tiers? 
It's not their fault Apple is over priced. 

Apple doesn't offer a M2 MBP anymore. The only option for an M2 and 16gb ram is the MacBook Air at $1600, but then people would get angry because it's 1)older generation. 2) It will have to thermal throttle for benchmarks. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

33 minutes ago, RabbidEwok said:

No dude you’re looking at the name of something rather than where it’s targeted 

No dude, I'm not doing that, I know how to work around this naming nonsense. And yet it's still bullshit. How anti-consumer are you? Do you just hate everyone? 

Am I the only one noticing many mistakes and overlooked things in this video?

1) Every laptop in the test has an integrated NPU. Apple since M1 (2020), AMD since zen4. The writers does not seem to notice that. They just repeat intel marketing

2) The diference between the 155H and 165H is not just 100MHZ clock speed boost, but also advanced intel vPro features\

3) NPUs are just like PhysX add-in cards. External modules have been around for at least 8 years with examples like Google Coral or EVEN intel's own neural compute stick.

Also not mentioning battery life or effieciency makes this not complete as this was intels whole idea "we have same power as last gen, but much more efficient" => better battery life. Battery life of intel laptops have been their #1 weakness compared to AMD, and the only reason i refused to buy them. 

I am not sure what is happening at LTT but i was hoping for a shift to higher quality writing after the break. This is the second review in a row with some issues (first not mentioning the RX7900XT) 

Non of these things are critical, but it makes me less trustworthy of future videos on subject i do not understand as much as this

What do you think?

52 minutes ago, Karmapuma said:

Hey, I don't know if it's the right place to say it, but it seems that the audio quality has not been that great lately (huge peak in the 100 / 400Hz, laking past 10kHz, noisy segue, click between transition). Maybe it's youtube, Maybe it's me, but i'd like to know if i'm the only one feeling like that

I was testing an old laptop i switched to linux and gave to my parents and thought "i dont remember the speakers sounding that sh.."
Turns out it is just the video. I thought obvious mistakes like this cannot get past the ECC squad. So I believe this might be an issue with youtube. Many haters will say it is LTT sliping up, but this is something i belive they would notice and fix if it would have been in the original render

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

No dude, I'm not doing that, I know how to work around this naming nonsense. And yet it's still bullshit. How anti-consumer are you? Do you just hate everyone? 

What are you on? 

Just now, RabbidEwok said:

What are you on? 

I should be the one asking you that. I'm not defending that stupid naming.

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

They can't be worried about pricing tiers? 
It's not their fault Apple is over priced. 

Apple doesn't offer a M2 MBP anymore. The only option for an M2 and 16gb ram is the MacBook Air at $1600, but then people would get angry because it's 1)older generation. 2) It will have to thermal throttle for benchmarks. 

You’re missing the point, if they wanted to hit a price tier they could have and matched the RAM. They chose not to, they went with the M3 machine which has a display with a $400-500 BOM cost. There’s a reason why the 14 and 16” cost more 

The M2 air with 16GB of RAM is 1300 not 1600. 

They could have matched performance or price, they did neither because they were after a specific result to feed their fanboys. 

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

I should be the one asking you that. I'm not defending that stupid naming.

You’re the one that can’t understand a product stack

4 minutes ago, RabbidEwok said:

The M2 air with 16GB of RAM is 1300 not 1600. 

image.thumb.png.afe0f8ab5b8a3327d91bc010bfea22d7.png

Couldn't go with the model with 2 less GPU cores or that would have been biased too. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, RabbidEwok said:

You’re the one that can’t understand a product stack

When will you stop making dumb accusations and start putting up a proper argument?

You've said nothing of substance so far.

22 hours ago, Goodevil said:

Feedback of MY OPINION:

The charts are hard to read, maybe something like this would be better:
image.thumb.png.7c876bb76da079cf48eeef3b6d32d846.png

Not a good idea.
1) You are using two different labels for the same thing. Because of space and ease of reading... I get it, but not a good practice.
2) It falls apart as soon as you've got entries scoring way lower or higher compared to others.
- pick your poison: overflow, tiny text, or ambiguous abbreviation. (or a bit of everything heh)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.35acadae1a9cb2d8ef00ddfaa4e7d04a.png

Now imagine they got one more at the bottom which scored 30... or the top performer scored 700...

These charts should be automated, without worrying if the labels will fit or not. And they should be consistent IMO.

Anyhow,  I do agree with you on this:

23 hours ago, Goodevil said:

idk, it's confusing because I keep going back and forth from the name to the numbers..

Since LTT opted to show values on the bars, well the simplest solution is to align them to the start (not the end).
image.png.82d622fd209a9b876cb202f15fa0f8e2.png

IMO this would be a better solution.
You've still got the whole bar for people who want/need the visual aid to compare the values,
and people who don't want/need that... well they can just look at the beginning and treat it like a table essentially:
image.png.85a14f1f6c205208a045835769bb12bf.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

On 2/13/2024 at 9:14 PM, Biohazard777 said:

IMO this would be a better solution.
You've still got the whole bar for people who want/need the visual aid to compare the values,
and people who don't want/need that... well they can just look at the beginning and treat it like a table essentially:
image.png.85a14f1f6c205208a045835769bb12bf.png

Yeah, maybe something like this... but as I said, they should do a poll and see which one is the most popular... 

As for the naming. The pro is faster thats known. so if you had a 40t truck with 500hp and wanted to race it a 600hp 40t truck would likely win the race...I am clearly missing something from all the discussion I was reading and kinda got lost with what the argument was even about. we should all be civil and respect the fact we all have opinions and wrong and right is always going to be subjective.