Is this legit?

Mark Kaine

"Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select “Run as administrator”. Type or copy-paste the command Get-AppxPackage *edge* | Remove-AppxPackage into the PowerShell window. Press Enter to execute the command. This will uninstall Microsoft Edge from your computer."

will this actually work?

im on Windows 22H2.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Until it weasels its way back onto the system through an update or something, yah.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

will this actually work?

im on Windows 22H2.

You've just hit the Rule 35 of Microsoft. They didn't know that it existed, but now that you've said it, they're patching it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Until it weasels its way back onto the system through an update or something, yah.

ya, well, about that... im using sledgehammer,  there are no updates... 😄

i was just wondering if this is the new geo-gated dma feature or just a general thing that should work... and if its legit at all... i guess I'll just give it a try thanks!  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

You've just hit the Rule 35 of Microsoft. They didn't know that it existed, but now that you've said it, they're patching it.

im so sorry

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

i just wanna ask, why would you want to uninstall it? im not saying you should use it but like how does it affect you since im guessing you use chrome or firefox? does having it installed cause a problem or this is just a discovery

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ya, well, about that... im using sledgehammer,  there are no updates... 😄

i was just wondering if this is the new geo-gated dma feature or just a general thing that should work... and if its legit at all... i guess I'll just give it a try thanks!  

Yah most pre-installed Microsoft stuff these days can be uninstalled/reinstalled with the Get-AppxPackage command

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

oh, it'll totally uninstall edge, and brick anything that depends on edge existing.

it's like those "tiny windows" idiots that insist on completely disabling windows update, only to realise that windows update is actually the way windows gets hardware drivers these days...

I've been running Edge as my principal browser for the past month and quite like it.  It is not the memory hog that Firefox has truned into and it more easily translates foreign sites into English.  I am also using Bing for search as a way to "strike back" at Google.😆  It's not quite as clean as Google searches are but OK for my needs.  It was easy to transfer over all my favorites and the log ins that I allowed Firefox to automatically do.  Others might have different experiences/opinions but right now I'm a happy camper.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

2 hours ago, Alan G said:

I've been running Edge as my principal browser for the past month and quite like it.  It is not the memory hog that Firefox has truned into and it more easily translates foreign sites into English.  I am also using Bing for search as a way to "strike back" at Google.😆  It's not quite as clean as Google searches are but OK for my needs.  It was easy to transfer over all my favorites and the log ins that I allowed Firefox to automatically do.  Others might have different experiences/opinions but right now I'm a happy camper.

i liked edge when it wasn't chromium... since than its been pretty trash, but that's besides the point... i dont like how it tries to take over a lot functions and files, for example xml? that was always notpad++ or something afaik...  i have z e r o use for this "browser" (ie trojan horse) 

Also its my right to uninstall it, its the law, and having rely other functions to a first party ap (this so called "browser") is illegal as per the law... so i was simply asking how to get rid of it, not about people's opinions,  no offense, but thats kinda irrelevant to the issue at hand? fully disabling it would be acceptable too, idc if its installed or not, what i care about is not randomly interfere with my pc usage or my OS.

So i guess I'll give this a try... but i also just might go back to a better working version,  i notice a lot of issues with 22H2, mostly with the file system and thumbnail creation (how is this suddenly all so sluggish lol)

i unlocked the outfits i needed DX12 for lol, i can go back anytime!  🙂

but thanks for the answers anyhow,  i will try to see if i can get rid of it, maybe play around with powertoys etc, maybe i can get the file system (search etc) up to speed... it's not all bad, thing is 1803 is just better.  (i miss cortana lol) 

ps: whatever works for you don't get me wrong,  but chrome is pretty much perfect for me

20240212_184815.thumb.jpg.372597bde398217f03f7dc845818707c.jpg

58 tabs open (mostly yt videos) 

2100mb usage (not pictured but trust me lol) has all the functionality i want, namely channel blocker (a godsend)  ublock,  unhook (another godsend, and i don't need anything else extension wise)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity